Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-07-06, 06:25 PM  
charleyandbecky

Leslie Walk Strong confusion

Hello. Can someone help me with this question please?
I checked a Leslie Sansone title out of the library called Walk Strong. It uses the toning band, or "stretchie" as she calls it. I really enjoyed it and went to Kmart and happened to see Walk Strong, but with a different cover. I thought it was the same one but read the back cover and the reviews after I got home and it says this title uses weights. I really wanted the one with the band. I already have Brisk Walk that uses the band. Are there two different workouts, both with the title Walk Strong? If so, I need to return this one before I open it. thanks!
charleyandbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-06, 06:47 PM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Hi,

her original WATP Walk Strong uses dumbbells.

her WATP Express Walk Strong uses a stretchie band.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-06, 08:13 PM  
bfit

Yes, there are two different workouts, both titled Walk Strong. For what it's worth, the one with weights is really good too. It is basically the same thing (Leslie's walking cardio alternated with toning) except that it uses weights instead of the band in the toning. It is not too hard, and the participants in the video show how you can use weights or small balls or no weights at all if you want to. I have both of the Walk Strong workouts, and I like them both.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-06, 08:23 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

The Walk Strong that I bought at KMart had mile one of the Walk Diet on the DVD that was labelled Walk Strong. I gave it away rather than try to reason with KMart.

Cynthia
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-06, 10:47 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

OK, I'm just DID these two workouts strung back to back about half an hour ago. I have them both in front of me.

The original Walk Strong is part of the Walk Away the Pounds series and it has a greenish cover and was produced in 2003 by Goodtimes. Leslie is wearing a hot pink top and black pants on the cover, and n it, Leslie uses dumbbells.

Walk Strong Express is part of the Walk Away the Pounds Express series. It was also, oddly enough, produced in 2003 by Goodtimes (I think the original Walk Strong was RE-released in 2003, while Walk Strong Express was NEW in 2003). At any rate, it has a cover that is either purple or gray. Leslie is wearing a purple top and black pants, and she uses the dynaband in this one.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-06, 10:47 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

OH, and imho, the original Walk Strong is intermediate, the Walk Strong Express is more adv. beginner.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-06, 11:06 PM  
chrisjeffnick

Hi SusanP! Great to see you around here!

Do you like the original Walk Strong better? I just bought it but was debating whether I'd even use it. I thought the toning intervals would be interesting for a break.

Take care and don't be a stranger!
chrisjeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-06, 11:50 PM  
ooty

Gymratt used to love the Old Walk Strong. I have never been able to find it.
Old 10-08-06, 12:07 AM  
chrisjeffnick

Where is Gymratt? The old walk strong is readily available on dvd. Its got a pink cover now. I'll get an Amazon link to show it to you. I've seen it at Borders and other places.

http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
chrisjeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-06, 02:23 AM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot
The Walk Strong that I bought at KMart had mile one of the Walk Diet on the DVD that was labelled Walk Strong. I gave it away rather than try to reason with KMart.

Cynthia
I don't think that one was Walk Strong, I think that was Muscle Mile One that had the Walk Diet on it instead of Muscle Mile One.

WATP Walk Strong on DVD has a light pink cover & uses weights.
WATP Express Walk Strong has a purple cover, although earlier versions had a gray cover, and uses a band.

Tags
walk strong leslie