Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-05, 01:40 PM  
GoWings

My DH and I have been eating fresh pineapple like they're taking it off the market next week. So yummy.

This year I also have been obsessed with apples and peanut butter together, and walnuts with Craisins (those dried cranberry thingies). Both are good snacks for me before or after a workout!
GoWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 01:48 PM  
fitnancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary W
Does anyone know how to cook oatmeal in a crockpot? My DIL tried it overnight and it was all stuck to the sides and total liquid in the center.
If you ever watch Food TV, Alton Brown did this on his Good Eats show recently. You might try to search for his recipe online (foodtv.com, I think) - I've been meaning to try it too. (To stay on topic, this sounds like a great meal an hour before a morning workout.)
fitnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 02:07 PM  
gypsygirl64

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWings
This year I also have been obsessed with apples and peanut butter together!
This is my favorite! It gives me energy for workouts!

Laura
gypsygirl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 02:09 PM  
Stargazer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWings

Craisins (those dried cranberry thingies).
Craisins are a GREAT substitute for raisins in oatmeal cookies. I'm sure they would also work in granola bar snacks to eat to power up before a workout
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 02:10 PM  
PamelaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L
I never heard of a "food lag." What is it?

Of course, it also took me a while to figure out what " 1 4" chocolate is. I'm wa-a-a-ay out of it on IM vocabulary.
I wonder if Socks meant jag instead of lag. ??? As for the other part, I'm probably dating myself but I think of that as "Prince-speak." You know, like "I Would Die 4 U."

(Tangent alert) My sister is 33 years old and still types like that. Example from a recent email I received from her: "I've never driven more than 5 miles 2 a job and it's so gr8." Yes, it drives me a bit batty to read them. She tends to write long emails so I think it takes me twice as long to read as it normally would. Ah, young-uns.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 03:16 PM  
new2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer
Craisins are a GREAT substitute for raisins in oatmeal cookies. I'm sure they would also work in granola bar snacks to eat to power up before a workout
They taste pretty good in my oatmeal too! (along with a bit of butter)

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 04:02 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnancy
If you ever watch Food TV, Alton Brown did this on his Good Eats show recently. You might try to search for his recipe online (foodtv.com, I think) - I've been meaning to try it too. (To stay on topic, this sounds like a great meal an hour before a morning workout.)
Found it! Thanks!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cda/...L-PAGE,00.html
Mary W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 04:08 PM  
dianairene

Did she mean food LOG?

Re. steel cut oatmeal. The best way to cook it is to start the night before (but not with a slow cooker). Boil 4 parts water, then add 1 part oatmeal, cover and remove from heat. Soak overnight. In the morning, it takes MUCH less time to cook (about as long as it takes to chop an apple, add cinnamon/nutmeg/ground flax seed).
dianairene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 05:18 PM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

Pamela, FWIW, I thought she meant jag too.

In recent history, I've been obsessed with avocados (mostly in a vegetarian version of taco salad....Mmmmm).

I've been eating TONS of fresh pineapple too. This particular obsession has been going on for almost a year. I always have one cut up in the refrig' and another ripening on the counter. Always.

I've been eating Kashi Go Lean virtually every morning for many months. I love this stuff. Sigh, if only it didn't come with the sound effects I'd be far happier :rolleyes:.

Splenda, Splenda, Splenda.....I swear, if "they" eventually decide this stuff causes you to grow an extra limb, I'm in some serious trouble .

Oh, and Land O' Lakes Fat Free Half & Half. This stuff is to die for. The person that turned me onto it actually eats it over blueberries just "naked". It's that good. Mmmm.
Old 01-24-05, 06:20 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Mary -- thanks for that link to the oatmeal recipe. I recently purchased a slow cooker and have been really into oatmeal lately so this is perfect! I love figs too.

yum yum

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crockpot