Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-25-23, 11:35 PM  
loulou

Thanks Christine. It does help. I have a half jar of crystallized honey I now keep next to the sink and use on my hands when I finish in the kitchen at night.

Jackie. I’ve been looking. For some reason the fresh honey mostly available is clover. Too creamy and thick for me. Hoping the farmer’s markets this summer have better access for purchases. The crowds the last couple of years have been crazy.

This thread has some really great information. Thanks everyone!
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-23, 06:56 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
I had horrible feet. Until I started using a glass file on them and then "slugging" them. I put on my normal foot cream (I have one now that has olive oil in it) and then I put on Aquaphor on top of that and socks to seal it in overnight. One week of this and my feet changed!!
Thank you! What is your normal foot cream? I think I have a sample Aquaphor in the house.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-23, 09:32 AM  
donnamp

For foot creams I like Kerasil -

https://www.amazon.com/Kerasal-Inten...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

This really does work well - it also makes your nails look nice - smooths them out or something and it does work fast. I would put it on every night for awhile w/ some cotton socks on top.

Other foot creams I like are by Gold Bond, i think these would serve better as "maintenance" after the Kerasil does it's job:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/5...0&ref_=ast_bln

and, for body I am interested in trying out the Gold Bond retinol and vit c lotions. They say these are good for the face, too.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/3...0&ref_=ast_bln

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-23, 03:40 PM  
MoFirmer

Bubbles76 - Right now I am using Artemis Olive Oil foot cream. I also like this one....

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Thera...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Old 05-10-23, 03:15 PM  
desie

thank you for the helpful suggestions. I bought the Eucerin that Leonana recommended, and the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturizer for extra dry skin that adawn likes. I put the Neutrogena on my face for the first time yesterday before starting on supper, and it feels great! My skin was dewy and plumped up (not that I noticed except when I touched my cheek), and when my husband got home he noticed right away and said I looked glowy and healthy. I think I would like some of this for the body too!
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-23, 08:54 PM  
donnamp

desie -

I think Neutrogena has a hydro boost body line. I like their products. The only thing about Neutrogena that I don't like is some of the products have fragrance and i'm just not a fan of fragrance in my skincare (particularly for my face). Even though I should be past the acne phase I am using some of my DD's Neutrogena "stubborn" products for acne. The retinol is good and I think b/c it is marketed to a different demographic it is slightly cheaper than the other retinol products made by Neutrogena and it is also FSA eligible - I guess b/c it is labeled as an acne treatment.

I am also a fan of Eucerin - they have good no-nonsense facial and body products and they aren't too expensive either.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-23, 11:57 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by desie View Post
thank you for the helpful suggestions. I bought the Eucerin that Leonana recommended, and the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturizer for extra dry skin that adawn likes. I put the Neutrogena on my face for the first time yesterday before starting on supper, and it feels great! My skin was dewy and plumped up (not that I noticed except when I touched my cheek), and when my husband got home he noticed right away and said I looked glowy and healthy. I think I would like some of this for the body too!
I’m glad it’s working for you! I need to try the Hydro Boost.
Old 05-11-23, 08:03 AM  
bubbles76

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I bought the two glass files suggested in this thread, the gel socks, and the Kerasil cream. It's been going on two weeks and my feet still look and feel wonderful! If I can keep this up another two weeks I'm going to buy the same stuff for my mom. She has the same problems with her feet. I'm going to start soaking my feet once a week too.

Now if anyone can make suggestions for hands I'd appreciate it! For body I know what to do for me, I just have to do it. Dry brushing, sugar scrub, and a fantastic body lotion with oil. But my hands need more maintenance, as I'm always washing them or cleaning something.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 12-05-23, 09:44 PM  
bubbles76

Old threat alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou View Post
This works very well for feet:

https://www.amazon.com/File-Nano-Rem...s%2C184&sr=8-9

Mine took weeks to get here though so I found this one that works almost as well and is easier to handle.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Czech...dDbGljaz10cnVl
Amazon has discontinued the sale of the Poneya glass foot file (the first link)! The Czech glass one was okay, but I really loved the one made by Poneya. Big Bubble just used it today, and says it's the best his feet has ever been. When I went online to order one for him (and a second one for me for travel) I saw that it was gone. I've searched online at other retailers without success. Any recommendations for one that is just as good?

Tags
beauty, beauty products, beauty thread, exfoliation, feet, gloves, off topic, off-topic, skin, sunscreen