bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
Well, other people did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I was coming to say the same thing ��
She co-wrote several songs during her time with former partner Ike in his band.

you're right that in her comeback, she sang songs by other writers. I highly recommend reading the book "I Tina". Especially inspiring was the part where she found a new manager and had to start from scratch with her solo career. There was so much support for her when she re-started her career among the industry.

She was great in Tommy, and Mad Max.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-23, 02:13 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

This channel is geared to towards more senior/beginner exercisers, but here is a short Tina Turner tribute workout that was just posted. Not sure how long until it gets removed due to copyright issues:

https://youtu.be/YqOalMGYx1c

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-23, 02:35 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

This channel is geared to towards more senior/beginner exercisers, but here is a short Tina Turner tribute workout that was just posted. Not sure how long until it gets removed due to copyright issues:

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-23, 03:34 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post

Thanks for the class recommendation. It was a nice way to get in my steps and warm up for my afternoon yoga flow.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-23, 03:26 PM  
Gams

Actor/singer Ed Ames has died at the age of 95. He had a beautiful voice and I enjoyed his work as Mingo on Daniel Boone. The clip
of him throwing a hatchet on The Tonight Show is a classic and has been shown many many times. ❤️
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-23, 04:52 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

George Maharis from the old Route 66 TV show has died at 94.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-23, 05:53 PM  
Gams

Oh no!!! I loved George Maharis. 😢
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 02:22 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I hope it's ok to post this here. I was told it's good to keep talking about it. And I can use all the virtual hugs I can get.
He was a celebrity to me. Those who know me know how close we were. He was my first born. We texted all the time. Half of me is gone.

It is with great sadness that I must say my darling son Justin Selle passed away on May 5. It was a lifelong struggle but he was so brave and so strong and fought every step of the way. I'll love you forever my boy. Hope you are with both grandma's now. Happy fishing in Heaven.

Obit:
A Warrior has gone to Heaven.
Justin Randall Selle started his life at Rice Memorial Hospital in Willmar, MN, on Jan 12, 1983, with a congenital heart defect and an iron will. At two weeks old, he was the youngest baby at the University of Minnesota to receive an artificial mitral valve. This early challenge set the pattern for Justin’s life as he survived each surgery and came back fighting. That same grit helped him deal with hearing loss.
Justin attended NLS Elementary and Middle School in New London before moving to Brownton. But he found his niche at the Minnesota State Academy for the Deaf in Faribault. MSAD opened many doors for Justin as he became fluent in American Sign Language. Along the way, Justin developed a deep and abiding passion for fishing. Justin was at home on the water and spent as much time there as possible. Justin developed the skills and techniques he learned from his dad and his Grandpa Wally Selle until he was at the level of a pro fishing guide. He was that good. Justin lived in Brownton before moving to Hutchinson, where he briefly attended Ridgewater College.
2021 was a year of great challenges and greater blessings for Justin. It was in 2021 that Justin found the part that had been missing from his life of fishing and friends. He met the love of his life – Tammy Paulsen. They were engaged in 2021. Little did they know that she had arrived just in time. It was also in 2021 that, after surviving so many heart procedures, Justin faced the biggest challenge of his life. He was diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer. The young man who started life in an operating room met this challenge like all the others. After months of intense chemo and radiation, the cancer remained, though it was muted. Justin’s will to live also remained, but it was as strong as ever.
Justin had many more good months. He spent them with Tammy doing the things he loved. This included Heavy Metal music and tattoos. Lots of tattoos! It also meant lots of cooking and eating. A true foodie, he often posted pictures of his dishes on social media. But a lifetime of medical battles had taken their toll. The cancer treatments had damaged his digestive system resulting in a severe infection. He fought this battle like the battles before, but even the strongest warriors grow weary.
Justin ended his last battle at Regions Hospital in St Paul on May 5, 2023. Justin is survived by his fiancé Tammy Paulsen of Hutchinson; mother, Kate Tucker of Spicer; father, Randy Selle of Waconia; brother Spencer and wife Janessa Selle and niece and nephew Brezlyn and Maddex Selle of Arlington; half sister Angel Selle of Duluth; grandfather William Norris of Niceville, FL; Great Aunt Patty Berger of Sioux Falls, SD. And many, many beloved cousins, aunts, uncles, and innumerable friends. He was preceded in death by his grandfather Wallace Selle and beloved Grandmothers, Annis Selle and Marcie Norris and namesake Great Uncle Justin Berger.
Justin will be cremated with his ashes to be scattered at his favorite fishing holes, where he spent so many happy hours. A celebration of life event will be held at the Brownton Rod & Gun Club on June 24, 2023. 5-10 p.m. He will be sorely missed as he touched so many lives in a loving, positive way.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 02:25 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Kate, I'm so sorry. Big, big hugs to you and your family.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 02:35 PM  
amoodygirl

Kate - sending my deepest condolences. I read the obituary - what an amazing and tough young man. Sending you much love and many hugs.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in memory, off topic, off-topic, raquel welch, rest in peace