Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-22, 01:36 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by desie View Post
I liked As We See It on Amazon Prime in Canada, about 3 young people with autism, the 3 actors have autism and some of the writers and crew members do too, so the comedy-drama feels more authentic and relatable.
My husband and I really enjoyed this and hope they come out with a season 2.
Old 12-22-22, 02:30 PM  
ncl

On my own, I have been rewatching Friends which I was skeptical about but I don't really want to watch anything else!

With my husband, we are rotating between The Crown Season 3 on netflix, Derry Girls (netflix, hilarious!), and Manifest (not as good as the others, but requires little energy on my part, easy to watch). I have Wednesday lined up for us next. My husbands favorite show is Derry Girls so her parses it out so we don't run out so fast as we could seriously binge that one.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-22, 05:27 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
On my own, I have been rewatching Friends which I was skeptical about but I don't really want to watch anything else!

With my husband, we are rotating between The Crown Season 3 on netflix, Derry Girls (netflix, hilarious!), and Manifest (not as good as the others, but requires little energy on my part, easy to watch). I have Wednesday lined up for us next. My husbands favorite show is Derry Girls so her parses it out so we don't run out so fast as we could seriously binge that one.
I have a bit of the opposite situation at my house.... my husband and I are rewatching Friends together -- I had forgotten how funny it was. Belly laughs almost every time! And then on my own I'm making my way through other things. If anyone needs a Christmas series (short-ish), "Christmas Storm" on Netflix was fun (if a little slow starting). Some of the cast from "Home for Christmas" and it's sort of like an extended "Love Actually". Fun. And thanks to someone in this thread for mentioning "Three Pines" -- I just started that and am enjoying it.
Old 12-27-22, 11:10 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimikz View Post
Three Pines on Amazon is sooo good. It’s a Canadian crime drama that is in the running for my favorite list along with Slow Horses. The entire cast with Alfred Molina is outstanding.

M
I am enjoying Three Pines. It is based on my favorite book series. I may have to stop watching as they are not doing all the books. I don't want to watch the tv version until I have finished reading the books!
Old 12-27-22, 11:34 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Late to the White Lotus party on HBO but binged all of season 1 yesterday and loved it! Starting season 2 today. The scenery in both are perfect for right now!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-22, 07:44 PM  
mimikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I am enjoying Three Pines. It is based on my favorite book series. I may have to stop watching as they are not doing all the books. I don't want to watch the tv version until I have finished reading the books!
Good to hear that the books are good! I'll have to get reading. I don't think I can wait for a second season, fingers crossed!

Mimi
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-22, 09:34 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

We are on the last episode of “The Recruit” on Netflix. It’s about a 24 yr old lawyer that joins the CIA. It’s been really entertaining and has a bit of humor. I hope they do a second season.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-22, 06:34 PM  
horusosiris

I have been watching The Best Man - The Final Chapters. This is such a great series. It is a follow up to The Best Man and The Best Man Holiday.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-22, 05:21 PM  
ardnas

Halfway through Netflix Mystic Pop-Up Bar.
I was looking for something light & funny, IMDB lists this as comedy, fantasy, mystery. They need to add potential tearjerker.
The main female character's story is interesting (a spirit from long ago being punished for past actions) and the secondary young man's story line is often funny (work drama & romance), but almost every episode features a new mini story in which they resolve a grudge or fulfill a wish and those can be super heavy & sad dealing with sudden death, guilt, regret, infertility, etc.
Old 12-30-22, 07:56 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Very late to the party, but I am now hooked on Emily in Paris. A very light comedy, and episodes are only 30 minutes.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, favorite tv shows, off topic, off-topic