Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-09-22, 08:30 AM  
fatkat555

Giving away fitness stuff without remorse

So… another thread got me thinking about this. What fitness items have you decluttered or given away without having ANY remorse about it? I gave away a weight bench that was given to me several years ago, but I simply never used it and utilize my steps as a bench instead. Honestly, I think that’s the only item I’ve never said oh, I wish I had that back.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 08:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

A Pilates circle that didn't have good padding.

I also took my Supreme Pilates machine and all the videos to Goodwill. After being a fanatic about it and loving it to death, with time I got sick of the aggravation of setting it up. Getting a head injury from it was the final straw.

Can't think of anything else.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 09:11 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have gifted and sold a lot of equipment in the last few years. Most were purchased used so none were a big $ investment. No regrets here!
My club size step
Bosu
B-bounder rebounder
Malibu Pilates chair
Aerobic rider
Numerous fitness videos

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 09:24 AM  
sherry7899

The ramp. It hurt my knees.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 09:38 AM  
fanofladyvols

I generally hem and haw painfully prior to an equipment purchase so once I purchase I'm fairly certain I want it for keeps. DVDs I have purged are happily released from my custody once gone since they go through a purgatory stage first.

And so far, the equipment I have purged has generally been replaced by better equipment. The only exception was a jump rope. I had the step and risers that were home versions and smaller than the health club size I finally acquired. Once my daughter quit playing with it I purged it. I had a Danskin pilates circle that wasn't very good.

I have some plastic kettlebells that are sand filled that will be purged once I find some I like better. They were intentionally temporary purchased though because my kettlebell journey coincided with covid scarcity.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 09:46 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
A Pilates circle that didn't have good padding.

I also took my Supreme Pilates machine and all the videos to Goodwill. After being a fanatic about it and loving it to death, with time I got sick of the aggravation of setting it up. Getting a head injury from it was the final straw.

Can't think of anything else.
I was gifted an Aeropilates machine. Right now it’s sitting waiting for space in my house. It might end up on the get-rid of list, but time will tell.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 08-09-22, 09:47 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
The ramp. It hurt my knees.
I somehow avoided the ramp.

Old 08-09-22, 09:48 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I have gifted and sold a lot of equipment in the last few years. Most were purchased used so none were a big $ investment. No regrets here!
My club size step
Bosu
B-bounder rebounder
Malibu Pilates chair
Aerobic rider
Numerous fitness videos
Ah, I forgot about my club-sized step. It was a space hog and it eventually went out the door with no regrets.

Old 08-09-22, 09:51 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I generally hem and haw painfully prior to an equipment purchase so once I purchase I'm fairly certain I want it for keeps. DVDs I have purged are happily released from my custody once gone since they go through a purgatory stage first.

And so far, the equipment I have purged has generally been replaced by better equipment. The only exception was a jump rope. I had the step and risers that were home versions and smaller than the health club size I finally acquired. Once my daughter quit playing with it I purged it. I had a Danskin pilates circle that wasn't very good.

I have some plastic kettlebells that are sand filled that will be purged once I find some I like better. They were intentionally temporary purchased though because my kettlebell journey coincided with covid scarcity.
Seeing the responses is jogging my memory! I got rid of water filled weights for traveling. I used to travel for work and these stupid things leaked on the first try in the hotel room. It was a major gadget fail.

Old 08-09-22, 10:42 AM  
sherry7899

I still have a club sized step. I cannot do step anymore. I told myself I would use it as a weight bench but I have not done that very often. It is likely covered with dust. I need to clean it and use it.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
decluttering, equipment gathering dust