Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-13-22, 11:30 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
It doesn’t help that for the past couple of years it was hard to find many things. It still can be for certain things. And everything is getting more and more expensive by the day, so may be hard to replace. And some things made more recently tending to be lower quality. I’m thinking carefully before getting rid of anything these days, unless it’s something I haven’t used in a decade or more.
So true! One of the reasons I keep acquiring DVDs, since they're becoming obsolete!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-22, 11:41 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
So true! One of the reasons I keep acquiring DVDs, since they're becoming obsolete!
Yes, I am hanging onto some I barely use because I worry about finding them again. I have the shelf space . I only get rid of things I truly dislike.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-22, 11:58 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Yes, I am hanging onto some I barely use because I worry about finding them again. I have the shelf space . I only get rid of things I truly dislike.
Totally agree. And even if I dislike it I hesitate bc sometimes I revisit ones I didn't like and then change my mind and like them.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-13-22, 12:16 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Same here! I am buying backups of many of my favorite DVDs now. It helps that a lot of DVDs are going for much cheaper than they used to. I recently took advantage of Lauren Brooks' 70& off sale a few months ago and Buti's currently very low prices on their sets.

Right now, I am lucky to have plenty of space for all my workout gear and DVDs, even though I know I have more than one person actually probably needs. But if space becomes an issue, I know realistically there are some things I could probably get rid of and never miss.
Old 07-13-22, 12:52 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Same here! I am buying backups of many of my favorite DVDs now. It helps that a lot of DVDs are going for much cheaper than they used to. I recently took advantage of Lauren Brooks' 70& off sale a few months ago and Buti's currently very low prices on their sets.

Right now, I am lucky to have plenty of space for all my workout gear and DVDs, even though I know I have more than one person actually probably needs. But if space becomes an issue, I know realistically there are some things I could probably get rid of and never miss.
I should have picked up a backup copy of SUAT from Lauren. I've used it more than her others so far.

Old 07-13-22, 01:38 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
I should have picked up a backup copy of SUAT from Lauren. I've used it more than her others so far.
That was the only one she didn't have available anymore during her last couple of sales, so I picked up a backup during one of Mary's sales using the discount and some rewards points on top of it. Still more expensive than 70% off, but it was cheaper than the original price.
Old 07-13-22, 02:30 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
That was the only one she didn't have available anymore during her last couple of sales, so I picked up a backup during one of Mary's sales using the discount and some rewards points on top of it. Still more expensive than 70% off, but it was cheaper than the original price.
Thanks for the tip!

Old 07-13-22, 03:08 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I never buy duplicates, it is already expensive as it is (conversion and shipping costs)! So, I would rather buy something I don't own already.

Why do you guys buy duplicates? Just curious!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-22, 03:26 PM  
Vantreesta

Well, almost all my duplicates from the thrift store! But I do have backups of some of my favorites.

Old 07-13-22, 04:34 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I never buy duplicates, it is already expensive as it is (conversion and shipping costs)! So, I would rather buy something I don't own already.

Why do you guys buy duplicates? Just curious!
We have a 2nd residence in DD's college town. I have bought additional copies of a few of my favorite DVDs to leave there to use when I'm staying there.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decluttering, equipment gathering dust