Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-21-22, 06:24 PM  
wendug

Angela- That's a good deal for Les Mills- I really like Body Combat. I did a trial subscription at the beginning of the pandemic when everything was shut down and I think everyone else did the same thing because their streaming quality was AWFUL. I got so frustrated I didn't renew. But I bet their streaming quality is better now (at least I hope so!) I didn't try Body Pump since I don't have a barbell, but I did try a ballet type workout that was kind of fun.

Today' workout- DC Fitt- Intense Legs and Glutes Workout . This was tough. She uses the 2-1-miniband-0 format which really burns out the muscle worked.

Oh, it turns out our washer is fine- there was just a clog in the pipes. We put in some of that enzymatic drain cleaner and it seems to be fine now. Phew!

Erica- I hope you are enjoying time with your family!
Old 11-22-22, 06:11 PM  
wendug

Todays workout- Michelle Briehler- 45 Min. Standing Abs Cardio Core Kickbox + Arm Sculpt. This was just okay. She does the same kickboxing rounds 3 times. I would have liked a little more variety. Also, her audio was messed up. I could see her mouth moving but I couldn't hear what she was saying.

I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items I need for Thanksgiving and it was crazy busy. And I paid $5 for a single head of romaine lettuce. If I'm missing anything else I'll have to do without because I will not go to the grocery store again before Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-22, 06:19 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- DC Fitt- Low Impact Total Body Strength & Cardio Supersets. Another great workout. Her low impact workouts are no joke. I'm glad it was relatively short as I don't think I could have done another circuit.

Now I'm off to brine my turkey breast. I'm trying a new brine recipe from the Pioneer Woman. Hope it turns out tasty! Happy Thanksgiving Erica & Angela!
Old 11-25-22, 06:12 PM  
wendug

Happy Friday! Thanksgiving was lovely and low key, although my first batch of rolls didn't rise so I had to make a second batch. DH and I watched Planes, Trains and Automobiles last night, which I had never seen before.

Today's workout- DC Fitt- Low Impact Cardio & Strength. I'm loving her low impact workouts. My ankle is feeling so much better after cutting back on high impact. I still throw in a few high impact moves when the mood strikes.
Old 11-25-22, 09:50 PM  
gigi

Hi Wendy! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Yesterday, before the feast, I did Cathe Live #421 Lift it Split It: Legs & Shoulders. I was perfect in my book. I was appropriately sore but recovered and didn't stay sore. Cathe, started Lift it Split It when she was filming alone but never finished it because the next week, she was able to film with everyone again. It is slower paced, less reps, heavier weights so she only has two people with her since they don't have enough heavy weights for an entire class. I plan to do Live #346 Back & Bi's tomorrow with some cardio. I will finish the Lift it Split it series with #420 Chest & Tri's on Monday or Tuesday. Cathe did say that she planned to sprinkle heavier lifting workouts in her lives here and there in the future for variety though!

I did not workout today. I had planned to stay home all day then ended up being out all day. My sister, dad, and I went to see one of mom and dad's very good friends (she and mom talked weekly and prayed together on the phone). Then I met some friends for cocktails and appetizers. I did a little Christmas shopping for the nephews, picked up two Christmas plants (one for myself and my landlord who is a friend), made one return then came home and ate left over macaroni and cheese.

My dad is coming over for breakfast and I AM staying home all day tomorrow!
Old 11-26-22, 05:38 PM  
gigi

Tonight I did Cathe Live #346 Lift it Split It: Back and Bi's. I really like this Live series. I'll most likely do Chest & Tri's on Monday. I hope to do cardio tomorrow but I have a busy day lined up.
Old 11-26-22, 06:13 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- 35 Minute Kickbox Burn. Somehow I missed this one. I try to do her kickbox workouts as they are really good!

I did a little Christmas shopping online today. Also, I got a much needed haircut. This is the second time I've been to this stylist and she is so good and not too expensive! My last stylist was so nice, but not that great (had to go back twice for her to fix my lopsided hair!). A freak accident caused me to find a new stylist. A car drove through the front of the salon and caught the place on fire. Luckily the salon was closed and no one was hurt. Anyway...just wanted to say I'm happy with my haircut. I've had many bad experiences in the past it is so nice to have a good one!
Old 11-27-22, 06:14 PM  
gigi

Wendy, I'm glad you like your haircut! Tonight I did 20 minutes of step, some abs (which I need to do more of) and a 20 minute stretch.
Old 11-27-22, 06:18 PM  
wendug

Well my legs are fried! I did Caroline Girvan's Fuel Day 21- Leg Day Circuits. I did the first entire set with my 30s, but had to drop to my 25s on the rear lunges/holds on the second set (used 30 for everything else). My legs were shaking on those rear lunge holds! I should throw in more CG Fuel workouts as I love the combo of weighted work with bodyweight work working the same muscles.

I did a little more online Christmas shopping today. It was a dreary rainy day, but I did get my dogs out for their daily walk during a break in the rain.
Old 11-28-22, 06:05 PM  
wendug

So today's workout was...interesting. I did Eleni Fit- 45 Min. Intense Cardio HIIT Dance Workout. I don't know why I didn't change the workout. I think I subbed more moves than actually doing her moves. It was definitely more dance inspired than athletic. A whole lot of booty shaking and moves that didn't seem to do much. Lesson learned to skip Eleni Fit workouts. A big thumbs down.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts