Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-07-22, 07:45 PM  
gigi

Saturday evening, I cleared out a lot of my kitchen cupboards and make my kitchen more functional and less cluttered. Today, I cleaned my room and bathroom, threw away so much old makeup and junk. I cleaned and got my guest room/workout room ready for the new equipment. I did cleaning and decluttering that I've needed to do since mom died.

Tonight I did CDorner Fitness 30 Minute Cardio Step. It was fun. I followed that with DocJenFit At Home Mobility Flow. I've been doing the scorpion post incorrectly. My shoulder has always been rolled forward on the floor which has never felt good. She has you lift your shoulder blade back and down. It felt so much better. The last stretch on the pillows really felt nice yet stretched me out. I don't think I could do it on a foam roller yet, like she suggests. I plan to do more of her mobility routines.

I'm excited about my equipment coming tomorrow. I think having that large round mat to do mobility on is going to be the best. Having a barbell will probably motivate me to do some Cathe oldie's but goodies. I'm supposed to do Fuel Day 10 tomorrow. We'll see.

I have tomorrow off as well. I need to lesson plan and write a draft IEP. I have an meeting every day this week, W, Th, and F.

I miss my mom terribly.

I hope you guys have a great day tomorrow!
Old 11-07-22, 07:50 PM  
Erica H.

Angela - big hugs to you. I know you miss your mom. I feel so bad that both you and Wendy have had such big losses recently. Great job on the decluttering! I really need to get back to doing that. Maybe after the holidays. Right now I'm already overwhelmed with all the holiday prep. November and December are really stressful for me and then I can breathe a big sigh of relief in January when it's all over. It will be even harder for me this year since I get overwhelmed so easily - my brain can't handle much at once. I had huge meltdowns over the weekend. My DH is a saint for putting up with me.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-22, 08:17 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Angela - big hugs to you. I know you miss your mom. I feel so bad that both you and Wendy have had such big losses recently. Great job on the decluttering! I really need to get back to doing that. Maybe after the holidays. Right now I'm already overwhelmed with all the holiday prep. November and December are really stressful for me and then I can breathe a big sigh of relief in January when it's all over. It will be even harder for me this year since I get overwhelmed so easily - my brain can't handle much at once. I had huge meltdowns over the weekend. My DH is a saint for putting up with me.

Erica
I am so sorry about how overwhelmed you feel and that the holidays are so tough. I totally get overwhelmed and meltdowns. Be kind and gentle to yourself. Are they ways you can take the pressure off some during the holidays?
Old 11-08-22, 01:37 PM  
gigi

My fitness purchases came today! I've discovered that CG programs as written do not allow enough time for my body to recover. Next time I try Iron or Fuel I will do the three main weight workouts one week and the two total body the next week (maybe throwing in third total body) to allow my body to recover.
Old 11-08-22, 01:57 PM  
Erica H.

Angela - yay on the new equipment! Enjoy! It's so important to find what works for you - no sense in beating up your body. I don't know how to make things easier during the holidays. It's just so much work and stress for me and too long and personal to share here.

Today was Tiff and Dan Day 18: 30 Min Squat and Lunge Dumbbell Workout (Build Strong Legs!) | 6 Week Shred II plus most of 15 Min COMPOUND LEG WORKOUT with Dumbbells at Home. I don't know why Tiff and Dan leg workouts feel so tough for me - they are very similar to Caroline's. Maybe it's just mental. Anyway, great workout.

Hi Wendy!

Erica
Old 11-08-22, 06:18 PM  
wendug

Angela- Yay on the new fitness toys! And I'm with you about needing more recovery time after lifting weights. I tried one of Vera LaRo's rotations and made it about a week and realized I was just stressing my body out. I definitely need a day between weight lifting sessions for my body.

Erica- I'm so sorry you're already stressed about the holidays! I live far away from family so I don't have the holiday stressors that others do. I just fix something for my dh and myself that we want for Thanksgiving and relax over the long weekend. Oh, I do some shopping that weekend, but ONLY online. We always travel over Christmas so I don't even do much decorating for the holidays. I can't tell you the last time we put up a Christmas tree. I am curious how the holidays will go this year because my brother was the one who LOVED Christmas and was Mr. Jolly. My mom has mentioned she's not very interested in doing much this year, and I totally understand. It will be a tough Christmas this year with my brother gone.

No workout for me today other than walking. I walked my dogs in the AM and immediately after walked a friend's dog who was working the election today. This evening I took advantage of the nice weather and took my dogs on a second walk. I know this nice fall weather will be coming to an end very soon.
Old 11-08-22, 07:07 PM  
gigi

I did CDorner Fitness Low Impact High Intensity Cardio. It is a one time deal. There is one point that she is talking so much about the importance of strength training (true) but she goes on and on and on. I followed that with DocJenFit Mobility Flow to Reduce Stress and Relieve Tension. Great flow and good information that I did not know about stress and tension. I used my big mat from Cathe and it was so nice not to have any part of my body off the mat. Also, the dowel that the mat is rolled around is great for shoulder mobility, similar to what I did in the gym! Yay!
Old 11-08-22, 07:21 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy - your Thanksgiving sounds absolutely perfect. I know the holidays will be hard for your family and Angela's. All of those *firsts* are so hard to get through. Glad you got out today to enjoy the fall weather. I can't believe how lucky we've been with the weather this fall. We have a few days left of nice days and then it finally gets cold but I can't complain until the lake effect snow starts. Dreading that.

Angela - glad you enjoyed your new mat already!

Speaking of the holidays, I'll probably step away from the check in fairly soon until January of next year. I'll be reading but maybe not posting at all or just a bit. For me, things start the weekend before Thanksgiving and go all the way until January 2nd. It's just crazy. And I can't handle anything - just making a shopping list completely drains me. I don't know how I'm going to make it all happen. So much planning and I can't think much without having a total meltdown.

Erica
Old 11-09-22, 06:09 PM  
wendug

I went to the dentist today for a cleaning and found out I need two fillings replaced because they are cracked. I think I might grind my teeth in my sleep. Ugh. At least I don't need crowns...those are awful and expensive!!!

Today's workout- Tiff & Dan- 30 Minute Squat and Lunge workout. I alternated between using my 25s and 30s depending on the move. This workout is a definite leg burner!
Old 11-09-22, 06:41 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, our dental bills have been unbelievable this year. DH has had 3 implants, extractions, root canals, infections, etc. He's been through so much and I expect it's going to be 15-20k when it's all finally done and that's with dental insurance (that maxes out at 2k). Sorry about the fillings and I'm glad you don't need a crown!

I find that Tiff and Dan workout to be really hard. I'm actually doing that one tomorrow. Today I repeated UPLIFTED Upper Body Dumbbell Workout | EPIC Endgame Day 12.

Rough day today. It's just been one thing after another this past week and I can't keep up with my regular stuff so I don't know how I'm going to manage the holidays.

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts