Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-22, 08:14 PM  
gigi

After previewing Fuel workout #2, it's definitely not going to be my cup of tea. Today I did CDorner Fitness Step and Kickboxing Interals. I really like this workout and had it save to a kickboxing playlist. It is very basic but tough and she plays rock. I had my headphones on and turned it up. I only used the step though. I have to build up to one riser than two risers.
Old 06-01-22, 05:11 PM  
wendug

I am too sore to do Fuel day 3 so I did something gentler today. DC Fitt- 30-4-30 No Repeat, Knee Friendly, Body Weight workout. Deanna has a knee injury and is going to have surgery soon, so this workout focuses on what she can do with her injury. I upped the intensity on some moves that she physically can't, but it is a great workout for someone with knee issues, and for those without that want a gentler workout.
Old 06-01-22, 09:36 PM  
gigi

I just finished my workout at 10:30 p.m. I've been busy helping my mom and dad and taking a visiting aunt to see my almost 103 year old grandma. I filled up my tank on Monday and had to fill it up again today. My grandma is an hour away from my house and there has been a lot of running around to do. Tonight I did Vera LaRo 5 Minute Warm Up. It is quite awkward but I've done it enought that I do reps and a beat that makes sense to me. It's a good warm up when I do it that way. Then I did Vera LaRo DB Lower Body Trisets. Overall it was a great workout. I did not do the last exercise where she rolled up off the floor into a standing position. I did it on my step. I simply could not get off the floor, even without a DB. I think she holds her DB too far out in front of her body when she does RDL's.
Old 06-02-22, 05:14 PM  
wendug

gigi- Finishing a workout at 10:30 pm- now that is dedication!!! That late I would just call it a day and save the workout for tomorrow.

Caroline Girvan Fuel Day 3- Glutes & Hamstrings. Nothing special about this workout, the usual moves that are tough and effective. i cannot do one leg bridge jumps, so I did the pulses modification.
Old 06-02-22, 05:37 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
gigi- Finishing a workout at 10:30 pm- now that is dedication!!! That late I would just call it a day and save the workout for tomorrow.

Caroline Girvan Fuel Day 3- Glutes & Hamstrings. Nothing special about this workout, the usual moves that are tough and effective. i cannot do one leg bridge jumps, so I did the pulses modification.
Well, I came home and napped until 8 p.m....LOL! That would never happen during the school year!
Old 06-03-22, 05:00 PM  
wendug

KCM- Amped Up Cardio- Live workout 1. After doing this workout my feet are starting to bother me. I think it's time for a new pair of shoes.
Old 06-03-22, 07:07 PM  
gigi

I started Iron Series again today. Day 1 complete!
Old 06-04-22, 07:21 PM  
gigi

Cathe Lite Cardio Party Warm Up and first half then Iron Series Day 2. I did the stretch from Iron and Lite.
Old 06-05-22, 03:38 PM  
wendug

gigi- Good luck with the Iron Series rotation. I'm just not good with rotations. I'll do some workouts, then throw something else in. I figure as long as I'm moving and getting in a workout, all is good!

Yesterday I did so much yardwork. Mowing, amending the soil and planting annuals, then spreading mulch. My right arm is sore today. All the repetitive movement has not made my arm happy. I try to do some stuff with my left arm, but it feels so awkward! So today is a rest day for me to let my arm rest a bit.
Old 06-05-22, 07:55 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
gigi- Good luck with the Iron Series rotation. I'm just not good with rotations. I'll do some workouts, then throw something else in. I figure as long as I'm moving and getting in a workout, all is good!

Yesterday I did so much yardwork. Mowing, amending the soil and planting annuals, then spreading mulch. My right arm is sore today. All the repetitive movement has not made my arm happy. I try to do some stuff with my left arm, but it feels so awkward! So today is a rest day for me to let my arm rest a bit.
Thanks! I think I'm in the right mental space for Iron series. I've been told and read it is better to do cardio after weight lifitng to burn more fat but I have to do it before weight work or I'll skip it. I did Intermediate Step #9. This is the first workout I've done by Kat Gates-Buettner. She is excellent at cueing, had great music, and had options. I think my body handles "heavier" lifiting after it is very warm. I did Iron Series day #3 and "OH MY GLUTES!" Instead of hip thrusts I did bridges on the floor and instead of putting my foot on a high step or chair for bulgarian lunges I had both feet on the floor. I figured out that if I don't go for as much of a "stretch" in my back leg, I feel it much more in my front butt cheek/hamstring and this also prevents my back feet/toes from giving out!

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts