Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-23, 08:37 AM  
buffmama

fitness kay_kay 45 min FB Giant Sets with Weights - 52 min (strength + cardio) I really like these workouts as they get everything. Wendy - That cardio workout looks like fun, I saved it. I saw he also has pilates workouts. I'm not going heavy enough to need a day without weights at the moment.
Old 05-28-23, 06:21 PM  
wendug

Jasper- Hero 2- Day 13- Upper Body. Another solid workout.

buffmama- Adrian posted another aerobics workout today. Yay...another one to try. I did see he has pilates workouts as well as some step workouts, too! Glad you like the Kaykay workouts. Maybe after Jasper's rotation I'll finally get to trying one!
Old 05-29-23, 07:44 AM  
buffmama

Hero 2 Day 5 - Yup, those reverse grip moves weren't easy - but they should help with my pull ups.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!
Old 05-29-23, 05:12 PM  
wendug

Jasper- Hero 2- Day 14- Legs, Core, and Killer Cardio. The elevated plank dips really got my heart rate up. The AMRAP was tough, and I was plugging along and thought it had been a while, where is the beep? I looked at the screen and Jasper was on the second round of Tabata. I had completely missed the beep! I usually don't face the tv when doing any sort of swing or snatch as if I happen to lose a dumbbell I don't want to break the TV. It hasn't happened, but you never know!

Hope everyone has had a nice memorial day!
Old 05-30-23, 08:28 AM  
buffmama

Hero Day 6 Lower Body. All the pull ups and push ups I've been doing made this harder than it would have been otherwise. . I do my pilates prior to my main workout and add a shoulder stretch afterwards. If anything else is talking to me I address that as well.
Old 05-30-23, 05:18 PM  
wendug

Yesterday's workouts made my obliques so sore! My hamstrings were a little sore, but nothing like my obliques. So today I did Tracy Steen- 42 Min. Standing Abs & Low Impact Cardio. She does have some oblique moves in this workout, but it made me feel better just to get moving. I used my 3 pound weights throughout this workout and did make a few of the moves high impact, but mainly stuck to low impact with this one.

It hit 92 degrees today...in May! I wish it were still spring-like with temps in the 70s.
Old 05-31-23, 09:00 AM  
buffmama

KK Cardio - FB HIIT, no equipment/no repeat, core finisher. Two of my modifications were then the next exercise! I took that as I sign I should do the original exercise, and so did. . Rest day from pull ups and push ups. Back to the grind tomorrow.
Old 05-31-23, 06:36 PM  
gigi

I have been very diligent with the Hero II rotation. I am a day behind this week due to being out of town this past weekend. The 8th week will be when I'm at the beach. I can't decide if I'm going to try to use the hotel gym to stay on track or just finish the final week when I get back. We'll see. During the summer I will be adding in a lot more cardio (Get Fit with Rick, etc). The only days I won't add cardio will be when he finishes with an AMRAP. Those usually have me sucking paint off of the wall.

My last day of school was last Friday. I am taking two grad courses over the summer which begin tomorrow and end on August 3rd. Before I left school I had two Donor's Choose Projects fully funded for the self-contained class that I will be teaching next year. I also bought and got my class pretty much set up. I have necessities to buy for class this summer but I'm happy that I spent the time and money to set up the class before I left so that will be less work that first hectic week back to school.

I'm about to do Hero II Day 18 Strong & Savage Legs & Core. I will also do mobility or a stretching workout. Tomorrow will be cardio and I'll do day 19 on Friday and day 20 on Saturday. I'm throwing a graduation party at my house Friday night for a disabled young man at my church who is graduating from school so tomorrow will be grocery shopping and cleaning and Friday will be cooking.

I hope you all have a great rest of the week!
Old 05-31-23, 07:36 PM  
wendug

Jasper- Hero 2- Day 15- Upper Body. I bumped up the weight on the push press to 35 pounds. Woo-hoo! I'm enjoying this rotation, and I SUCK at rotations, and I plan to stick with it.

buffmama- I've saved that KK workout for a cardio day.

gigi- Congrats on your school year being over and having two fully funded Donor's Choose projects! I hope your summer grad school classes go well and enjoy the graduation party you are throwing!
Old 06-01-23, 07:38 AM  
buffmama

Hero 2 Day 7 Upper - Hello smaller muscles. Back to pull ups and push ups today which seem harder after a break.

Wendy - 35 lb push press! Wow, inspiring. Keep posting those weights - it reminds me to go heavier.

Angela - How nice of you to throw a party for someone from church. That's a lot of work when you're already so busy. I hope you also get to enjoy the party.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts