Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-15-21, 11:10 AM  
kat999

FIRM Zip Trainer: how to integrate into a larger rotation

I just got myself the FIRM Zip trainer system, and I love it so far, but it is tough (in a good way). However, I am not a big fan of working out for under 30 minutes at a stretch, and I don't really want to do the rotation as prescribed, since doing the same workouts even in different combinations for 60 days fills me with dread. What is a good way to mix and match these such that I am able to just sort of integrate them into my larger rotation (I just mix up pure cardio, regular FIRM and similar workouts, pilates, HIIT, and yoga, and cycle through them, with little add-ons of 10 Minute Solution and short core workouts). I have the entire system with the add-ons, so I've got the REV disc, PEAK disc, and the Cardio/Strength Upper Body and Lower Body. With REV and PEAK, the issue is that there's 3 separate "middle" workouts plus three separate w/u and c/d, so in essence to get an over-30 minute workout, I have like a TON of combos I could do. Would it be good to just kind of smoosh two middle segments together and use the w/u of the first segment and the c/d of the second, maybe? This morning I did all three of the REV's cardio, strength, and AMP, with the cardio w/u and cardio c/d, but that made for a very, very challenging 60-minute session--perhaps slightly more challenging than I could do every time.

Tags
firm zip trainer, zip trainer, zip trainer rotations