Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-08-20, 06:05 PM  
jackie7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Have you tried Cathe’s free online classes? She posts the next day’s schedule every night. Also, if you have heavy enough weights, can you just make up a routine of 2-3 exercises per body part?
Where is this info posted?
jackie7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 07:55 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie7 View Post
Where is this info posted?
Oops. Sorry. Four Seasons Health Club Facebook page.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 09:41 PM  
Fitstick

Have you tried the Barlates videos on YouTube? Linda has a huge variety of workouts posted for free and if you don’t feel the burn with her workouts then you must be a super hero! Lol
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 03:32 AM  
Helen

Four Seasons Health Club Facebook Page
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 04:25 AM  
Elsie

If you like YouTube, I'd suggest Velvet Hammer Fitness or Fit by Julia or Rebekah Van Natta. They are some of the most challenging free workouts I've tried.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC9...3Hurmgge0FsDxw
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcd...ONEmbk901OSMPA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6g...5_Opb92giSPddw
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 08:48 AM  
seabliss

Fitness Blender on Youtube is great for toning, especially if you have a few sets of weights. I've increased my dumbbell collection since working with them. I've seen great strides in my shape--not bigger but just nicer.

Fitness Blender is the most followed fitness channel on Youtube. They just hit 6 million subscribers. They are Kelli and Daniel, a married couple (both fitness instructors) who painted the inside of their garage white and used it for a video studio. They leave music off their workouts so you can play whatever you like while you work out. They format the workouts with intervals of work followed by a few seconds of rest, most workouts repeating movements only once or not at all. This makes the workouts move quickly and not get tedious. They also pace very safely and offer modifications for all fitness levels.

If you go here and put in your search criteria, you can pick exactly what you want to do for that day. They also offer rotations of their free workouts for sale on the site, which you can choose based on your goals. Right now a lot of those are only $4.50.
Old 04-09-20, 09:28 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Les Mills have free trial, so is Mossa Move (they are alike except Mossa is 30 minutes).

Beachbody have a few strength workouts with 30 day free trial.

I would recommend Cathe on demand since her live workouts are mostly metabolic workouts. On demand is her DVDs. The freebie Cathe Live right now is based on their selection for streaming so it might not be your cup of tea.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 10:42 AM  
warriorprincess

If you normally lift heavy, Cathe's STS Mesocycle 3 is the only thing I've tried that comes close. And that presupposes you have the weights and ideally a squat bench at home.

You'd have better luck with Beautiful Bad Ass or New Rules of Lifting paper workouts. But again, you need the weights and the rack to get the full benefit.

I like the Redefining Strength YouTube channel. She does a lot of videos like '18 Glute Strengthening exercises' where she does each one for a few reps. I watch until one strikes me and pause the video while I do them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 06:42 PM  
Big Sky

Fit Body by Julia

I second trying Fit Body by Julia on YouTube. Her workouts are HARD! Her most recent offerings use more equipment but her earlier ones do not. If you look under her playlists, you can find routines that are no equipment, under an hour, target lower body, etc. I have gained a lot of strength since I found the channel several years ago. HTH!
Big Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 07:42 PM  
Dontmindthemess

If you are not challenged with Fit Body by Julia I don’t know what to suggest! If Julia is a bit out of your range (she is for me!!) and you like that flavor I would recommend Christine Salus on YouTube. I recently discovered her workouts and had really been enjoying them.

I’m also going to recommend Barlates. I find her workouts challenging and my core is super strong. Plus she uses very little equipment and shoes are optional. Try her endurance 90 workouts that are free on YouTube.

I don’t know what you were doing before but in the end a couple months away from your regular workouts will be fine. Maybe you’ll end up finding something new to enjoy.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hardest workouts, heavy weight workouts, music off option, strength, strength training, weight lifting