Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-19, 05:18 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Where are the Lucy Wyndham Reade workouts that use the band? TIA
I think the band workouts Julia is doing are separate from the LWR workouts -- she said she is "also" doing LWR. I, too, am curious to know what band workouts you are using, Julia.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-19, 05:53 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Interesting memory. Waaaaay back when, I made up my own routines and alternated upper and lower body with resistance bands. I’d do my Nordic Trak and UB one day and treadmill and LB the next day. I remember getting a lotbof compliments.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-19, 08:52 AM  
Julia

[QUOTE=wishiwasinhawaii;2809834]Julia, thanks for the tip about Lucy Wyndham Reade. I did one of her 7 minute workouts after reading your post and liked it a lot. Can you let us know what resistance loop workouts you do? I have loops but I have no idea what to do with them! [/QUOTE

I’m working with these two (sorry I don’t know how to link from my iPad)

Psychetruth “Toned, Tank Top Arms in 12 Minutes! How to lose Arm Fat for Beginners, Home Fitness”

followed by

Pahla Bowers “Strong + Shapely 10 Minute Toning Mini Band Workout for Upper Body, Arms and Shoulders

There are tons more on utube, those are the two I’m working with now. I hope this helps
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-19, 08:53 AM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Where are the Lucy Wyndham Reade workouts that use the band? TIA
I don’t know of any workouts where she uses a band, I’m working thru her 7 day inch loss series right now.
Old 02-02-19, 08:56 AM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I think the band workouts Julia is doing are separate from the LWR workouts -- she said she is "also" doing LWR. I, too, am curious to know what band workouts you are using, Julia.
Yes, you are correct. I posted the two I’m working with now above. I tend to switch routines up when I start getting bored, there are a ton of resistance loop vids on utube !
Old 02-02-19, 08:58 AM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Interesting memory. Waaaaay back when, I made up my own routines and alternated upper and lower body with resistance bands. I’d do my Nordic Trak and UB one day and treadmill and LB the next day. I remember getting a lotbof compliments.
I’ve always love the bands, much less soreness, tiredness than weights. For me the loop takes it to the next level.
Old 02-02-19, 12:03 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post
Yes, you are correct. I posted the two I’m working with now above. I tend to switch routines up when I start getting bored, there are a ton of resistance loop vids on utube !
Thanks, Julia!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-19, 10:06 PM  
videofit

When I switched from the old Firms to Margaret Richard, I got even better results which surprised me. I hadn't been looking for strength or cosmetic results but only wanted to avoid my recurrent tendonitis and other joint problems so it was a very pleasant surprise.
Old 02-03-19, 10:14 AM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
I use moderately heavy weights a couple of times a week, but I either skip the shoulder exercises or use only 2-3 pounds for shoulders.
I try to lift heavy 1-2 times per week, but only on that large muscle groups to prevent bone loss. The shoulder, I also use very light weights like Sara. I follow Debra Atkinson , Flipping Fifty on You Tube and Facebook. She states that we need to lift heavy to prevent bone loss, but only the large muscle groups. To retain muscle, high rep and low weight to fatigue should do it I highly recommend her You tube channel
Old 02-03-19, 10:48 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Julia, thanks for posting those workouts! I think I'm going to try both today as I was trying to decide what I wanted to do.

I've gone through phases of trying to use more band workouts; I've probably never stuck with anything long enough to see significant changes. I do think lifting heavy occasionally helps me to maintain/build muscle. At the same time, when I am doing vinyasa or power yoga more frequently (which I rarely do but have gone through a few phases), I definitely see more toning to my arms.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dumbbell size, light weights, light-weight/high-rep, resistance bands, resistance loops