Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-17, 09:13 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
I the Classic Firms! I'll never forget the day I found the original six clamshells at a yard sale five years ago, all for $1. That started my vidiocy, and as they say....the rest is history! I branch out but always come back to my Firms for two words: THEY WORK!!

My all time favorite is Maximum Body Sculpting with Tracie Long. I actually did a blog post about my favorites last year. I don't really post on my blog that much, but here ya go:
http://peaceloveandfirm.blogspot.com...p-10-firm.html
Awesome! Thanks for the breakdowns. I forgot some of those names!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 05:30 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I think I got away from the Firm when I discovered VF because I didn't know there was so much else out there, however, I think I am going to do a Firm rotation for the month of August.
This is funny, because I discovered VF in 1997 and at that time, almost all of the talk was about the FIRM. I had been doing the FIRM on and off since 1989 and this was my first contact with other people who even knew about those videos. I finally got consistent in 2006 when I began doing FIRM club rotations instead of going it on my own. I still have my old FIRMs on VHS, but I've replaced them all on DVD and I do old and new from 1986 to 2013. And the BeMax streaming workouts too.
Old 07-28-17, 01:56 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
I the Classic Firms! I'll never forget the day I found the original six clamshells at a yard sale five years ago, all for $1. That started my vidiocy, and as they say....the rest is history! I branch out but always come back to my Firms for two words: THEY WORK!!

My all time favorite is Maximum Body Sculpting with Tracie Long. I actually did a blog post about my favorites last year. I don't really post on my blog that much, but here ya go:
http://peaceloveandfirm.blogspot.com...p-10-firm.html
Garrie,
Thank you! I loved reading your blog post. You listed a few that I do not have but that I'm considering for a future purchase.

I'm interested in your thoughts on Cross Trainers Super Cardio. You like Super Sculpting, but what do you think about the companion cardio title?
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 02:42 PM  
Garrie A.

Kristiep,

I'm glad I helped you out in purchasing some more Firms! Super Cardio is good but it's not one of my favorites for the following reasons:
-A little too much high impact for my tastes
-(this is the main reason): Several of the routines in SC are also in the Blast/1999 Cardios, but led by different instructors
--Allie's ball routine (power runs, etc.) was also led by Carissa in Maximum Cardio
--Allie's plyometric/tri-star/step touch routine was also le by Dale in Power Cardio
--Dale's first 4-limb routine (side back side with delt lifts...) was also featured in Power Cardio (ironically also led by Dale)
--Dale's other 4-limb (March with triples and power jumps) was led by Carissa in Maximum Cardio
--Jen's "step hamstring/v step/plyo" combo was led by Tamela in Cardio Burn
--Jen's "side front side" 4-limb routine was also led by Tamela in Cardio Burn
--Final stretch non-existent

I like some of the repeat routines I mentioned, as well as some of the others:
-Carissa's hi-lo and step combos
-Dale's hi-low with the double skips
-Jen's 4-limb routines as well as the mambo cha-cha step routine (she says "mamba cha-cha", but MambA= poisonous black snake ... It doesn't bother me though, but I wait for the snake to appear on screen to do a cha-cha )

Overall it isn't bad, but it's not one my favorites. I love the long aerobic phase, but prefer Cardio Step Mix (which has less impact). I give Super Cardio a solid 3.5 stars, rounded to 4
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 03:06 PM  
momofcha

Does anyone have any insight on how to classify some of these?:

Prime Power - Fat Burning - hare?
Prime Power Lower Body Shaping - hare?

Bootcamp 3in1
Better Body, Better Buns - sculpt?
Sculpted Buns, Hips & Thighs aka Lie Down & Workout - sculpt?
Maximum Body Sculpting - tortoise?
Tough Tape - tortoise?

Also, are Total Body Shaping Mix and Maximum Body Sculpting different workouts?

I did Volume 1 yesterday and wow, it was hard! My BF was laughing at me because I was reciting it and he said it looked very dated and asked where my thong leotard was

Old 07-28-17, 04:18 PM  
Carol K

Total Body Shaping Mix is a compilation of a large number of workouts that were released between 1994 and 1999. Maximum Body Sculpting (renamed Maximum Body Shaping) is one of the workouts that it is compiled from.
Old 07-28-17, 04:53 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Does anyone have any insight on how to classify some of these?:

Prime Power - Fat Burning - hare?
Prime Power Lower Body Shaping - hare?

Bootcamp 3in1
Better Body, Better Buns - sculpt?
Sculpted Buns, Hips & Thighs aka Lie Down & Workout - sculpt?
Maximum Body Sculpting - tortoise?
Tough Tape - tortoise?

Also, are Total Body Shaping Mix and Maximum Body Sculpting different workouts?

I did Volume 1 yesterday and wow, it was hard! My BF was laughing at me because I was reciting it and he said it looked very dated and asked where my thong leotard was
Better Body, Better Buns-Sculpting- Most of the exercises moves are isolation exercises.

Tough Tape- One of my favorite Anna Benson workouts. I love the weight work in this Tracie Long workout. I would classify this as cardio/sculpt.

Maximum Body Sculpting (AKA All Weights )Led by Tracie Long. Solid total body weight workout. It is paced slow enough that you can easily go heavy.

Sculpted Buns Hips, Thighs- Tracie Long- Sculpting- all floor work

Prime Power -Fat Burning-Light aerobics (4 limb and low impact)-beginner to low intermediate

Prime Power - Lower Body- Light cardio/sculpt workout with emphasis on lower body.

Bootcamp 3 in 1- Two workouts that are a compilation from many Firm workouts. I would say that this is a cardio/sculpt (metabolic) workout. With the pacing and sequencing of this workout you can go a bit heavier during the sculpting segments.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 06:53 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Better Body, Better Buns-Sculpting- Most of the exercises moves are isolation exercises.

Tough Tape- One of my favorite Anna Benson workouts. I love the weight work in this Tracie Long workout. I would classify this as cardio/sculpt.

Maximum Body Sculpting (AKA All Weights )Led by Tracie Long. Solid total body weight workout. It is paced slow enough that if you can easily go heavy.

Sculpted Buns Hips, Thighs- Tracie Long- Sculpting- all floor work

Prime Power -Fat Burning-Light aerobics (4 limb and low impact)-beginner to low intermediate

Prime Power - Lower Body- Light cardio/sculpt workout with emphasis on lower body.

Bootcamp 3 in 1- Two workouts that are a compilation from many Firm workouts. I would say that this is a cardio/sculpt (metabolic) workout. With the pacing and sequencing of this workout you can go a bit heavier during the sculpting segments.

Thank you!

Old 07-29-17, 07:31 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Kristiep,

I'm glad I helped you out in purchasing some more Firms! Super Cardio is good but it's not one of my favorites for the following reasons:
-A little too much high impact for my tastes
-(this is the main reason): Several of the routines in SC are also in the Blast/1999 Cardios, but led by different instructors
--Allie's ball routine (power runs, etc.) was also led by Carissa in Maximum Cardio
--Allie's plyometric/tri-star/step touch routine was also le by Dale in Power Cardio
--Dale's first 4-limb routine (side back side with delt lifts...) was also featured in Power Cardio (ironically also led by Dale)
--Dale's other 4-limb (March with triples and power jumps) was led by Carissa in Maximum Cardio
--Jen's "step hamstring/v step/plyo" combo was led by Tamela in Cardio Burn
--Jen's "side front side" 4-limb routine was also led by Tamela in Cardio Burn
--Final stretch non-existent

I like some of the repeat routines I mentioned, as well as some of the others:
-Carissa's hi-lo and step combos
-Dale's hi-low with the double skips
-Jen's 4-limb routines as well as the mambo cha-cha step routine (she says "mamba cha-cha", but MambA= poisonous black snake ... It doesn't bother me though, but I wait for the snake to appear on screen to do a cha-cha )

Overall it isn't bad, but it's not one my favorites. I love the long aerobic phase, but prefer Cardio Step Mix (which has less impact). I give Super Cardio a solid 3.5 stars, rounded to 4
I have the old Goodtimes programmable version of Super Cardio Mix, where you can choose sections and great your own routine. I haven't used it in years but I won't part with it and oddly I don't want the remastered version of this one. I pretty much just choose the step segments and/or 4 limb sections. The other ones are too high impact for me.

My favorite Firms are the Cross trainer pair Firm Cardio and Firm Strength. Unfortunately Firm Cardio is very hard to find now (again), but Mary still has Firm Strength I believe. I also really like Tough Tape 2 which is parts workout made up of the Tri Trainers (Maximum Body Shaping/Better Body/Buns, Fat Blaster).

There is another Cross Trainer pair, Tortoise and Hare, both led by Tracie Long. These are good workouts but I prefer the other two better, more thorough I guess.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 12:20 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I still love the Classic Firms. I just did Firm 6 last Saturday. My favorites are Firm 1 and 2. I do a Classic Firm about once a month.

Tags
classic firms, firm 90 day rotation, revisiting the firm, zip trainer, zip trainer rotations