Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-16, 02:49 PM  
Jo FitFan
VF Supporter

Thanks for the great replies! It's become so natural for me to start my day with yoga, and I've noticed at the end of the day my body also seems to want to stretch. I agree that meditation and yoga nidra are great for relaxation, though it's more a gentle physical practice I'm looking for now.

Beth - there's a wealth of information on that thread, I love understanding why the poses work. Thank you for recalling it and posting the link!

Beyond Omega - I'm so glad to hear of your success using these (yay sleep)! Thanks for pointing out the original poster's routine.

Bee - I love Yoga Nidra, and I hadn't heard of the one you suggested, I will check them out. THough as you recognized I am looking for a more physical practice for now.

Jeannine and Laura - thank you for the recommendations, I shall explore more thoroughly! It sounds like you actually practice pre-bedtime, which is encouraging. I actually have a couple of the workouts you suggested, but (for the gosh darn its) Yoga for Energy is on VHS (VCR in cold basement), and Raviana Quick Fixes warped (wore it out on the warm-ups and earlier segments, don't remember trying the sleep section). Hmm, sounds like it might be time to rebuy these (good vidiots )
Jo FitFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
j.j. gormley, legs up the wall, yoga bolster, yoga nidra, yoga props