Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-19-15, 01:27 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

UGI Ball Question

For those who have the UGI ball do you still use it? Is it worth the money and does it hold up. I read reviews that the UGI tends to fall apart has yours?

TIA

MariaW
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-15, 01:45 PM  
cherimac

Don't have an UGI but read this as an UGLY question. I was laughing to myself.
Old 04-19-15, 02:14 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Cheri - That's hilarious! Thanks for the Sunday chuckle.
Old 04-19-15, 02:55 PM  
at120

My 10lb blue Ugi has done ok, but then again I don't use it that much as I've graduated to a 12lb ball and tend rotate a lot of workout routines in and out. Instead of spending more $$$ for the 12lb Ugi, I have moved on to using a Weider 12lb X-ball.
at120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-15, 03:14 PM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Don't have an UGI but read this as an UGLY question. I was laughing to myself.
Haha! When my UGI came, the name and weight were on the box. My DH carried in the box and asked: did you order six pounds of ugly?

As for the question--I do use it, and it's held up well for my purposes. I don't use it as often as I thought I would, but another VFer tipped me off to this site which has some good workouts that use the UGI.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chelc21806

I also use it for the slams in Tracey Staehle's bootcamp workout.

ETA: My UGI is actually very pretty lol
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-15, 03:17 PM  
loulou

Had to have it for the ART Method workouts and very rarely ever use it. I even bought the workout set from UGI when it went on sale but didn't like the format. It doesn't show signs of falling apart but it is just sitting in a corner. I did like the 30 minute Terri Walsh workouts but there are only 3 of them, (I think). Not enough to justify buying it.
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-15, 05:11 PM  
Debbie

I have a homemade UGI ball and surprisingly it has held up very well! If you like DIYs, here's the link to make your own ball. I put a medicine ball in the centre of mine for the weight. The guy who created this patter, dubbed it the UGLY Ball I use mine a few times a week.

acescholar...I think that was me who tipped you off to Chelsea's youtube channel. Too bad she's no longer making new workouts....but her older content is great!
Old 04-19-15, 05:13 PM  
horusosiris

I have had a 12lb UGI ball for years and I use it regularly and I have never hd any problems with it
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-15, 05:26 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelters View Post
For those who have the UGI ball do you still use it? Is it worth the money and does it hold up. I read reviews that the UGI tends to fall apart has yours?

TIA

MariaW
They don't hold up to heavy use but if you only want to use it occasionally woven in to other work then they do okay. If UGI was your sole program, you might get 6 months to a year depending on how rough you were. Totally over-priced in my opinion. The threading is not hearty for regular/daily use. I've had 2 friends who had them die in under a year. I think the key is to use them gently or on a limited basis.
Old 04-19-15, 05:36 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by at120 View Post
My 10lb blue Ugi has done ok, but then again I don't use it that much as I've graduated to a 12lb ball and tend rotate a lot of workout routines in and out. Instead of spending more $$$ for the 12lb Ugi, I have moved on to using a Weider 12lb X-ball.
Is Weider's X-ball only 12lbs or do they make other weights, and where did you buy yours?

Thank you all for your opinions.

Tags
terri walsh, ugi ball