Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-03-14, 06:49 AM  
poohpeggy

I too was hacked in the past from BB. I won't ever order from them directly either. That's why I was so thankful to order from Mary. My son will love his "oldie but goodie" P90x Plus for Christmas.
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 08:50 AM  
bzbnmom

TF is my favorite place to shop. I ordered P90X from Mary too. And I think my teen son just might join me when I do it.
bzbnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 09:17 AM  
laurajhawk

Besides the finances, Mary's been very helpful to me when Beachbody has made their typical shipping errors. She spends the time getting it sorted out so I don't have to - I just call or chat to tell her "they sent this instead of that" and she fixes it. She even emailed me a scanned page from a guidebook so I could start my rotation when BB forget to send me the book.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 06:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

aside from giving mary our business, has anyone ever shown her your appreciation, and if so, how?

i know she loves hawaii.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 08:55 PM  
laurajhawk

I sent her a small e-gift certificate once, kind of randomly (I think it was her birthday). That wasn't nearly enough - you're right - let's send her to Hawaii

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
Old 12-04-14, 01:43 AM  
m42

How can we make Hawaii happen?
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 01:54 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by m42 View Post
How can we make Hawaii happen?
she is always welcome to stay at my home.

i think her "nickname" somewhere is HulaGirl or something like that. and one of her BB profile pictures at one time showed a picture of her wearing some very nice "Hawaii" attire.

seriously, though, she is a Doll.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 03:01 AM  
suzannaerin

Send her some spam from Hawaii! The food, not spam/spam. haha, just kidding, of course.

The best thank you is probably to continue buying from her and spreading the word about her excellent customer service. She certainly is a rarity, these days, and has a good "old fashioned" approach to her business (customer-centric, which is becoming rarer in this increasingly dehumanized technical world).
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 07:47 AM  
laurajhawk

She does hula for fitness - I think she likes those Hot Hula DVDs that she carries. I don't remember how I know that.

Old 12-04-14, 07:57 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

She is great. Once I had an order that never arrived. The post office claimed it was delivered but my local PO is incompetent beyond belief, and I was dreading filing the complaint/missing mail ordeal. I emailed Mary, she replied "yes, it happens with the PO" and sent another order, no questions asked. I was stunned (and thrilled).

My original order never showed up, either. Freakin' PO.

Tags
mary crowder, totalfitness, totalfitnessdvds