Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-14, 12:54 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Kathy smith's rejuvenation stretch uses a strap - VFers raved about this one, and I lucked out and found it on ebay. the DVD is called Walk & Stretch.
Is this rejuvenation stretch the same as this one, do you think? http://www.kathysmith.com/store/new-...retch-flex-dvd

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-14, 01:29 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Ballet Bootcamp Stretch--my absolute favorite stretch routine.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-14, 01:37 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
Thanks for the recommendations Demeris. I am really tempted to buy one of the Bendy Bodies. I already used CS & Ess, Lastics a lot, but Bendy Body seems like it would be a great addition. I like her suggestions for a hip & thigh stretch on youtube. Are her 2 DVDs different or basically the same?

Her DVDs are much cheaper from her website. as compared to Amazon. Mary and Collage don't carry them. http://www.fitandbendy.com/videos/
When I shopped her website, it seemed that only one of the dvds matched my desires, and that's Flex-Stability.

I plan to do it tomorrow and will be able to respond with fresher understanding, but from the few times I've done it so far, it seems like a deeper, tougher Classical Stretch/Essentrics. Like CS, she has you move in the stretch quite often.

She uses a strap for some of the leg work, and that really ups the stretching ante.

Her back bends are the most challenging for me, but I'm using her as my back bend stretch lodestar.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-14, 01:42 PM  
sunday

Diana: Have you looked into Lastics? It's a wonderful, dancer-like stretch, very deep, and is divided into 15 mins sections.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-14, 02:17 PM  
Pam

I did it! I ordered the 2 Fit and Bendy DVDs. I think they will further my 2014 (and probably still for 2015) New Year's resolution of getting my hips and legs more flexible.

Shipping for the 2 is $7.50.

On the order form is the question how I learned about Fit & Bendy and of course I put Video Forum. After she gets the response a few more times, I am sure she will be looking us up to see why the increase in orders this weekend.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-14, 08:31 PM  
Diana3271

Thank you for all the replies. I will check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Diana: Have you looked into Lastics? It's a wonderful, dancer-like stretch, very deep, and is divided into 15 mins sections.
I will take a look. It seemed like I looked at the video clips before.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 12:15 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

*grumble*
*mutter*

why do I open these threads?!

ordered a bendy body dvd.

*grumble*
Old 10-12-14, 12:53 AM  
yoni

Karen Voight's "full body stretch" & "core conditioning & stretch"
Stretch & joint mobility - Annette Fletcher
yoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 01:42 AM  
lrb04

I KV stretches except pure & simple was not a keeper for me. But I second FULL BODY STRETCH & core conditioning & stretch.
I must admit my favorite KV is yoga power stretch- it is pure stretch- no yoga moves but 25" of pure heaven for my lower body. It is my chicken soup stretch.

I agree with Deana about Lastics - both 1 & 2. I actually did Lastic 1 today - the first 2 sections which was about 35" together.

Jill Miller's PAS (post athletic stretch) is more stretch than yoga- but the sections are around 20' more or less.

I also like the Elements yoga - flexibilty & stress relief. They both have more of stretch feel to them.

Good luck in finding your perfect stretch workouts. I stretching!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 11:37 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Is this rejuvenation stretch the same as this one, do you think? http://www.kathysmith.com/store/new-...retch-flex-dvd

Carol
it seems like Kathy took the stretch segment from the DVD i referred to and made a separate DVD.

let me go check my Rejuvenation DVD to see how long the stretch segment is. if it's 15 min (like the link you gave), it might be the same one.

Madeleine Lewis might have provided another stretch segment that came with her Walking kit from Gaiam. i'll go check my inventory and report back.

EDITED TO ADD:
here is a clip from the stretch segment (15:20 run time for the stretch part only) from the Walk & Stretch DVD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23YXxoM7Mv8

on the Walk and Stretch DVD, it's a separate chapter from the main menu.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madeleine lewis, mirabai holland, stretch dvds, stretching