Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-02-14, 11:34 PM  
bee1forfitness

I think this is Bodyrock's answer to the Ugi Ball

Lots of workouts can use the Ugi ball, however it very rarely goes on sale. Seems Bodyrock now has designed their version or the Ugi Ball and right now it's on pre-sale for $99. I'm wondering if i should just wait for the Ugi Ball to go on sale. Even if I might have to wait for awhile or go for this. Or anyone here know of a sale on the Ugi ball??

http://dailyhiit.myshopify.com/products/hiit-wall-balls
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 03:06 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Bee, I don't think Bodyrock designed this ball, I just think they have 'partnered' with a new company to sell the product.

Here you can see the same ball with dif. weight options plus a video:
http://www.360conditioning.com/core-fx-wall-ball.html

If it is as the wall ball I saw in a sporting goods near by, I'd say it would be more like a Dynamax than an Ugi Ball, I've an Ugi. But, it all depends for what you want to use it, Ugi is more "squichy" you can stand on it like a "bosu" and do balance moves, but you can't do that on a soft medicine ball or wall ball. I'd say the one that come that close would be The Firm Zip Trainer imo. HTH

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 04:56 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Bee, I don't think Bodyrock designed this ball, I just think they have 'partnered' with a new company to sell the product.

Here you can see the same ball with dif. weight options plus a video:
http://www.360conditioning.com/core-fx-wall-ball.html

If it is as the wall ball I saw in a sporting goods near by, I'd say it would be more like a Dynamax than an Ugi Ball, I've an Ugi. But, it all depends for what you want to use it, Ugi is more "squichy" you can stand on it like a "bosu" and do balance moves, but you can't do that on a soft medicine ball or wall ball. I'd say the one that come that close would be The Firm Zip Trainer imo. HTH
Thanks AsSweetAsSugar that did help, that would make sense...guess I'll be waiting still for my Ugi ball should perhaps go on sell close to Thanksgiving, Black Friday, or Christmas. I want the Ugi Ball BTW do you like your Ugi and is it worth it?
Old 08-03-14, 10:02 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
Thanks AsSweetAsSugar that did help, that would make sense...guess I'll be waiting still for my Ugi ball should perhaps go on sell close to Thanksgiving, Black Friday, or Christmas. I want the Ugi Ball BTW do you like your Ugi and is it worth it?
bee1, maybe it's just me, but I almost never pull out my ugi ball. I guess if I had a gym where it was out and accessible I'd probably use it. Working on that solution, but not there yet. YMMV.....
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 11:09 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
bee1, maybe it's just me, but I almost never pull out my ugi ball. I guess if I had a gym where it was out and accessible I'd probably use it. Working on that solution, but not there yet. YMMV.....
I agree. I NEVER use mine.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 11:46 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
You're welcome Bee, Ugi have discount coupons in most holidays seasons and I think into the US it gets free shipping, if you are on Facebook and like their page you can see those coupons/promotions.

I love my Ugi and I think it is worth if you're going to use it . When I first got it, I was doing a lot of Bodyrock workouts, so it did get use then. When I stopped doing bodyrock wos, my Ugi started to collect dust , I then became a vidiot and regretted not getting the dvds, since where I workout most of the time now have not acces to Internet. I finally got the dvds last year and I'm very glad I did, I did a full Ugi rotation and really enjoyed it, I also love the stretch workout that come with it, my only complaint is that it is only 13 mins, I wish it was longer! The core workout is just 15 mins. but is really hardcore! I also used it while doing my Rack rotation, I replaced the rack with Ugi for some exercises, as I was getting bored in the last few weeks of my rotation, and it added some fun factor and a new challenge to the same workouts. I also got the metabolic workouts and bootcamp by Tracie Staehle, and they use a Dynamax, so I use my Ugi instead, so it now get use and I really enjoy using it as it adds a fun factor for me. The only things I don't like about Ugi: is how expensive it is, at the time I paid for the ball (only) including shipping, was the current cost of the home kit now. I also wished it was as versatile as the Zip trainer (to change weight options).

Bottom line, if you see yourself using it alot, it is def. worth it, as it is challenging and it is fun. HTH

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 08-04-14, 01:06 AM  
bee1forfitness

Great help, thanks so much AsSweetAsSugar
Old 08-04-14, 01:18 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Great help, thanks so much AsSweetAsSugar
You're welcome Bee!

Tags
the firm zip trainer, ugi ball, zip trainer