Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-09-14, 04:24 PM  
clh4207

Ranking of Firm kits

I have all the Firm sets from BSS 1 to the most recent, the Zip Trainer. In terms of beginner to advanced, how would you rank these? I'd like to do one system a month and progress from beginner level to advanced. Thank you for your responses.
Old 07-09-14, 05:33 PM  
muddjeansgal

Hmmm, these are hard for me to classify in that way since each system has harder and easier parts to it. I don't have the Zip Trainer but I would say something like:

Hardest to Easiest
Firm Express
BSS2 - all of the workouts are an hour so I put it as harder
BSS3 - lots of tall box, if I recall easy to go heavy on these but 45 minutes or less
BSS4 - not sure why but these seem easier than BSS3
BSS1 -these are really only 2 workouts since Absculpt is just a 30 minute abs routine
Transfirmation - don't really remember these but since there is no tall box that makes them easier to me

I think you could also put all the BSS1 add ons as easier too.
I am currently working my through my Firms so this is what I am thinking so far.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 05:30 AM  
clh4207

Thank you. I agree that Cardio Weights is a good place to start. I think it has some shorter premixes. Do you have the Wave? Where do you think that fits in?
Old 07-10-14, 07:11 AM  
dnna

The BSS sets all seem like the same intensity to me, depends on who you follow. The workouts are all aerobic weight training. depends on your weight and the height of the step( or transfirmer) also you can follow Libby, no weights.
the wave was harder for me- the wave is 8 inches and that is hard on me. but the workouts are fun if you can handle 8 inch step aerobic workouts.I always always go back to the Firm. I love the BSS sets-no matter what level I am at, and it does change. old friends, reliable workouts.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 11:33 AM  
clh4207

Thank you for your thoughts. I've had these for quite awhile, but fell out of the exercise habit. I think I'm going to start with the sets that don't use a step (ie. fanny lifter, transfirmer, etc) and go from there. I may throw in some of the pink Firms to round out my first few months.
Old 07-10-14, 11:54 AM  
muddjeansgal

I think the Wave could go somewhere in the middle. I haven't done those a lot but with the balancing moves I was never able to go heavier than maybe 5 pounds. They do have premixes to cut the time down but if I recall they are about 30 to 45 minutes anyway. That is true about the higher step height too.

I am doing other workouts too with 1 or 2 Firms a week. My original plan was to start with BSS1 and work my way up each system but I am having fun mixing them up.
Also, have you tried the Fitprime/Kickbutt series? I think they are harder than the Transfirmation system but they include lots of flexibility and stretching so those would be good to start with too.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 05:39 PM  
MoFirmer

I have all the FIRM videos ever made! LOL!

I would put them in this order....

FExpress
BSS3
ZIP
BSS2
BSS1
wave
TransFIRMation (Cardio Weights)
BSS4

The wave I love also! The balancing but I can also go heavy on them. I did them just this week and used 20# for some moves.

Last edited by MoFirmer; 07-10-14 at 05:39 PM. Reason: To add BSS1
MoFirmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 09:26 AM  
SuzieC

Great thread! I always wondered about this. I used to do a lot of the older Firms and have done a Firm Express rotation (fun!). I am also mixing on some Wave and Zip trainer DVDs into my current rotation and was just wondering what the ranking of the full rotations were-timely thread.
Which system came with the adjustable weights?
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 12:28 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I don't have all the newer sets but I've 'rediscovered' BSS1 recently and am in
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 01:18 PM  
mabyrd1

I have them all and love them all, I feel they add something from each set. Some is hard than others but I feel I get a good workout from all of them. BUT I love the firm !!!

Jeannie
mabyrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm, zip trainer