Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-14, 08:31 PM  
raeven

Very interesting indeed! Maybe they are splitting ways with Gaiam? If that is the case, I wonder what the future holds for them.

I agree on the notion of too many gadgets. My intro to the firm was in '02 with BSS1, which I loved, generally speaking. I hated constantly changing my gear around all the time though. So I skipped every set they put out after that all the way up until firm express..which I have..but have yet to do a full rotation of! (I needed to get into better shape to do it!) I did jump at the zip trainer however, it just looked so fun to me...and the set was! I love it! I've only done one rotation of it so far, but no issues with the zipper yet, aside from the rubber on the lil part you zip with cracking, which doesn't affect anything.

I hope whatever the case is, that Firm is doing just fine and all is well!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 10:19 PM  
Susan

I'm wondering if they will be discontinuing the Firm Believers web club.

I was going to sign up for the free trial, but I see that you still have to give them a credit card number and remember to cancel before the 60 day trial ends, so I guess I'll be passing on that.
Old 04-24-14, 12:52 AM  
raeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I'm wondering if they will be discontinuing the Firm Believers web club.

I was going to sign up for the free trial, but I see that you still have to give them a credit card number and remember to cancel before the 60 day trial ends, so I guess I'll be passing on that.
Definitely pass on that. For whatever reason, old canceled accounts...and I mean canceled years ago...still work. Somebody mentioned that when the zip trainer came out, so I tested my old account, and sure enough it did work. So I was able to get the discount, and have access to the forums and such. They are pretty much dead forums...very very slow. Not really much there at all..and certainly nothing worth paying for..sadly.
Old 04-24-14, 09:22 AM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeven View Post
Definitely pass on that. For whatever reason, old canceled accounts...and I mean canceled years ago...still work. Somebody mentioned that when the zip trainer came out, so I tested my old account, and sure enough it did work. So I was able to get the discount, and have access to the forums and such. They are pretty much dead forums...very very slow. Not really much there at all..and certainly nothing worth paying for..sadly.
Thanks, Raeven!

I'd been thinking of joining because apparently you can download the Jump Start workout for free there and I thought it would be nice to have it on my iPad when I travel.

It's not worth giving them my credit card info and then having to cancel the membership within 60 days, though.
Old 04-24-14, 01:42 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

that ball looks so cool. if i brought home another gadget, DH and the kids would just mock me.

when i read the posts about the discontinuation, i could feel shades of Collage!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 04:12 PM  
raeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
that ball looks so cool. if i brought home another gadget, DH and the kids would just mock me.

when i read the posts about the discontinuation, i could feel shades of Collage!
Yah, I went through that...and toiled over it a lot. I finally decided I didn't care and thankfully had the excuse that it was my birthday! So I got it for that. The only funny part about it, is when you have it un-zipped and lying it opened up on the floor. It has a peculiar look to it Otherwise my youngest loves rolling around on it and stuff. My hubby and oldest actually pick it up and toss it back and forth occasionally...so all in all...i didn't get picked at too much for yet another thing sitting around!
Old 04-26-14, 10:25 PM  
Carol K

I don't think the Firm Web Club is going away because they are asking for suggestions to improve it. And Cathy recently said they will continue making DVDs. I had asked about this, because I thought maybe future workouts would just be online. Gaiam also has a retail division that is separate from the infomercial division. The workouts that are released in between the infomercial systems are produced by the retail division. I would welcome more straight to retail workouts.

Tags
firm zip trainer, qvc, the firm zip trainer, ugi ball, zip trainer