Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-13, 08:00 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Thank you Deneira, I didn't know about this method, and to be honest it looks pretty good! Her method is interesting and if you keep coming back to it... It means it is effective! I like how she was using the yoga blocks! I see she also uses the equalizer, a chair, dumbbells and resistance tubing. I'm just wondering how you would use the ball? To replace the yoga blocks in some exercises? Or there are segments on her dvd where she uses a medicine ball? I'm curious! Those exercises looks like something I'd enjoy.
I do love the ART Method workouts and I really do think it's effective. Results are few are far between for me at this point, but I have had some slight shrinkage from them, which is more than I was getting beforehand, especially in my waist and in my upper body. I also just really like the types of movements that the workouts entail, and it's a good amount of intensity with virtually no impact, which is a double bonus for me these days.

I don't know if you can see these videos if you're not in the ART FB group, but here are some short videos, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater and this is similar, but on a dynamax, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater. Terri Walsh recommends either or for her Ugi ball workouts.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 08:26 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
I do love the ART Method workouts and I really do think it's effective. Results are few are far between for me at this point, but I have had some slight shrinkage from them, which is more than I was getting beforehand, especially in my waist and in my upper body. I also just really like the types of movements that the workouts entail, and it's a good amount of intensity with virtually no impact, which is a double bonus for me these days.

I don't know if you can see these videos if you're not in the ART FB group, but here are some short videos, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater and this is similar, but on a dynamax, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater. Terri Walsh recommends either or for her Ugi ball workouts.
Wow, that sounds great! Specially the shrinkage on the waist I need some of that! I also prefer low impact workouts and if there is no impact but still very challenging better then! I also like that it focus on balance, I need to improve a lot this area as well.

I so wanted to check those videos, unfortunattely I wasn't able to

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 09:19 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

If there was someone interested on buying the Ugi at Home System with free shipping in US and Canada, you'd probably want to contact them before placing an order, because it seems when you check out there is a shipping charge reflected... I just read this on their Fb "We apologize for the inconvenience, we will honor the free shipping for The Ugi® Home kit system as stated on the website and issue a refund. However, in the future we will be charging for shipping". I just wanted to let you guys know.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 11-06-13, 10:50 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
I am having the same dilemma! Thanks for your post, SweetAsSugar. I'm actually leaning towards the Zip trainer since you can adjust the weight in one ball. That's HUGE advantage to me. However, I don't want the DVDs that come with it. I'm not really into the Firm and I know I won't do those workouts. I want it to use with ART workouts. I'm hoping if I want long enough they will sell it by itself without the DVDs.
We should talk. I really want the Firm zip trainer dvds as I am really into the FIRM but haven't ordered because I don't want the zip trainer itself.
Old 11-10-13, 08:51 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Question Another Ugi "competitor/option"?

I was just checking around to see if I find something interesting or new out there, and I just found a tool which looks exactly as the Ugi, but not as beautiful as the Ugi or the Zip (there is no color options), but you can control the weight you're going to use or according to your needs, but probably not as quick as the Zip Trainer if you plan to change of weight in a single train session. It can be very "squichy" depending on how many pounds of sand (rice or any fill you choose) to put in and then fill the rest with fill cotton. It can be use as a soft medicine ball or as an Atlas stone loadable up to 60lbs. The choice is yours.

Here is the link I found:

http://www.bruteforcetraining.com/atlas-medball.html

* I don't know if it has been out there for a long while, but it is def. new to me.

Old 11-12-13, 09:21 PM  
deineira

Thanks for the suggestion, SweetAsSugar. I have never seen that but I will read the page carefully. I like that you have so much flexibility in regards to weight.

Sheepla, I will send you a PM.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-13, 11:02 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion, SweetAsSugar. I have never seen that but I will read the page carefully. I like that you have so much flexibility in regards to weight.

Sheepla, I will send you a PM.
You're welcome Deineira!

Tags
firm zip trainer, firm ziptrainer, terri walsh, the firm zip trainer, ugi at home system, ugi ball, zip trainer