Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-12, 01:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

saw this rocker Wave type gadget at Kmart

did anyone see this at Kmart?

i didn't write down the name, but i *think* the mfr is Wieder. i tried searching using the terms Wieder, rocker, etc.

anyway, it's some sort of balance trainer and much more compact than the Firm Wave.

it looked to be made of metal & you rock from side to side. it's "D" shaped, similar to the Firm Wave, where the arc part rocks from side to side on the floor.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-12, 03:43 PM  
mrsyancy

I actually think I have this in my collection of equipment that I own and don't use much pile....lol....let me go look

Eta: never mind, mine is called bodirocker....but I think it's the same type of equipment as the weider one....I think they sell it at walmart also
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-12, 04:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyancy View Post
I actually think I have this in my collection of equipment that I own and don't use much pile....lol....let me go look

Eta: never mind, mine is called bodirocker....but I think it's the same type of equipment as the weider one....I think they sell it at walmart also
hi - thanks for your reply!

i looked up bodirocker on amazon, but it's narrower than that. your bodirocker, though, seems more versatile because the wideness allows you to work your upper body.

the one i saw in kmart seems to only show someone using it while standing on it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 11-30-12, 05:42 PM  
mrsyancy

Is the one you're talking about shorter with pointee thingies on each end where u place ur hands?
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-12, 05:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i can't remember, but i'll go back and look again - it's on my way home.

Old 11-30-12, 06:31 PM  
Honeydew

How much is it? do you think it can be used for The Firm Wave dvds? I have the dvds, but not the wave. Thanks!
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 10:25 AM  
beatchica

I just did a search online at Kmart and I think it might be the Weider rock-n-step, from your description.
http://www.kmart.com/weider-rock-n-s...&blockType=G39
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 11:55 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchica View Post
I just did a search online at Kmart and I think it might be the Weider rock-n-step, from your description.
http://www.kmart.com/weider-rock-n-s...&blockType=G39
YES, that's it!!!!

thanks Ms BeatChica!!! been so busy this week and hadn't gone back to kmart.

Apparently, Tony Little's name was attached to the exact same product, and here's some reviews on Amazon.

And Tony even put out some DVDs too - Amazon link.

here's more reviews that are more objective of the same product w/o Tony's name associated with it:
Amazon - the Roll Stepper

it looks fun, but i'm not sure i'd want to pay $60 for it at Kmart.

Old 12-02-12, 01:01 PM  
Loric

I purchased this Tony Little stepper at Walmart.com. It was a great deal at $19. Just noticed it's out of stock but maybe they'll get more.
I really enjoy it and have used it pretty consistently. It's easy to step/rock/whatever on it while watching TV...I've even put it in my kitchen to use while making dinner.
Plus, I really like ordering from Walmart.com because they ship free to the store, and then there are less packages of fitness stuff being delivered to my house. Soooooo, my husband doesn't see everything I'm ordering...they have a really good selection of fitness dvds too.

Lori

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tony-Littl...t-DVD/10737824
Loric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 03:35 PM  
keilan00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loric View Post
Plus, I really like ordering from Walmart.com because they ship free to the store, and then there are less packages of fitness stuff being delivered to my house. Soooooo, my husband doesn't see everything I'm ordering...
LOL. Good strategy!
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rock n roll stepper, tony little, weider