Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-12, 10:34 AM  
roleez
VF Supporter

I had been interested in the Ugi for a while & that Open Sky (& Debbie) pushed me over the edge. I got it and have done all the workouts that came with it and am really loving it! You can get a really awesome workout in only 30 minutes and I get a surprising amount of DOMS from an 8 pound ball. Thanks for all the great links Debbie!
Old 07-25-12, 11:06 AM  
TerryMia

I have the 10 lb Ugi & sort of wish I'd gotten the 8 lb...that said, Karen, I did finally do the Extreme Core workout and loved it...the Ugi chick in these workouts is very fit! You really do get an amazing workout in 30 and even 15 (in the case of Extreme Core & the upper body workout)...I couldn't keep up with al the moves...wondering if the 8 lb would be ANY easier?!
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 12:31 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

You're welcome, Bee and Becky!

I'm just thrilled that I'm not the only one here at VF using an Ugi. It's really nice finally having company. LOL! It's such a great fitness tool. Again, for me, it's been worth every single penny that I paid for mine.

Okay, I have a killer finisher for you guys. I personally used my sandbag, but you can use your Ugi.

I watched this clip last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMDUYX9b3hE&feature=plcp

and separated the first complex into TWO different exercises. I did a 10/30 split, and did each exercise for 8 rounds, making it 4 minutes for each.

So, for the first exercise, I started with the sandbag on the left side. When it was time, I did a reverse lunge, twisted to pick up my sandbag and cleaned it, just like the video. I then reversed the move and continued with this portion of the exercise for 30 seconds. After the 10 second rest, I repeated this on the other side.

For the second finisher, I did the second part of that complex. I started in a clean position, lunge forward, rested my sandbag on the ground for a sec, reversed the move, THEN did a backward lunge, before repeating.

The total time for both finishers with a minute rest between the two was 9 minutes.

This was KILLER! My sandbag was 20 lbs., and my heart rate got up into the 160s, which is even higher than it is during my runs. I was just dripping in sweat.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 12:37 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMia View Post
I have the 10 lb Ugi & sort of wish I'd gotten the 8 lb...that said, Karen, I did finally do the Extreme Core workout and loved it...the Ugi chick in these workouts is very fit! You really do get an amazing workout in 30 and even 15 (in the case of Extreme Core & the upper body workout)...I couldn't keep up with al the moves...wondering if the 8 lb would be ANY easier?!
I'm so glad you loved it too! Their format (jumping from one exercise to the next with no set-up time) is a little hard to get used to, but not too bad and the exercises are just sooooo good. My core always feels stronger after I do this one.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 02:01 PM  
TerryMia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I'm so glad you loved it too! Their format (jumping from one exercise to the next with no set-up time) is a little hard to get used to, but not too bad and the exercises are just sooooo good. My core always feels stronger after I do this one.
Completely agree, Karen...I've got some mild DOMS in my shoulders as well...don't know what took me so long to get to this one!
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 06:49 PM  
afirmrose

I finally received my Ugi ball today from Opensky! Long story. Lets just say I ordered it from opensky, then cancel to order it Ugi cause it was cheaper and then I cancel that one to reorder it from the opensky to get it for the $129 sale.

Love my Ugi! I just had a thought, I can use it for sections of Cathe's workouts where she is doing pushups on the stability ball. I will do push ups on the stability ball if my feet are on the ball but not when she has our hands on the ball and feet on the floor.

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 07:07 PM  
afirmrose

I just saw a new 6lb Ugi ball on Ebay for $89.95 free ship to bid. $99.95 to buy free shipping incase anyone is interested.

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-12, 06:55 AM  
acescholar

I shouldn't be asking this, but hey I did dream last night that I got an Ugi Ball and was soooo happy, --- so, is the Opensky deal *still* available? [I can't get on the site unless I register, and I'm not ready to register yet--their multiple choice answers don't really fit my life.]
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-12, 08:55 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Wendy, I was waiting for your review. I'm glad you love your Ugi.

acescholar, the deal is no longer available on Opensky, but the deal on Ebay is an excellent deal.

TerryMia, since your Ugi is heavier than what she is using, it is normal to be a rep or two behind.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-12, 09:44 AM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by afirmrose View Post
I just saw a new 6lb Ugi ball on Ebay for $89.95 free ship to bid. $99.95 to buy free shipping incase anyone is interested.
The ball is so pretty! I think the offer is for ball only, no dvds, though. Made me want it however!

Thanks Debbie S. for answering my question; as is often the case the lately, I stay away from tempting threads just long enough to miss the good deal that was announced!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
missbefit.tv, ugi, ugi ball, ugi fitness, vivace