Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-11, 08:59 AM  
lexybeth1

What are the best Leslies?

Good morning everyone!
I have been doing Leslie Sansones workouts last few days getting back into it, after a terrible cold and toothacheIm really loving them! Im amazed at how easy it is to get yourself to do them, even with the baby walking all around you, lol, what are your favorite Leslies in terms of fun and effectiveness? I am curious as to how long it takes to see some kind of body change results with her workouts, exclusively....Im so confused because all of her titles seem to run together as the same workouts, oh, and I love leslie, dont have any qualms about her being alone, or with others, none of the quirks bother me that seem to bother some, OH! Eta, Im simply amazed at how my lower body feels decently workout out after a few days with her!!! Slight DOMS, nothing to write home about, but I can feel something going on the days after with my lower body especially!
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 10:20 AM  
TLB

My top 3:

3 Mile Weight Loss Walk: Likes - handweights, bright set, Mary Kay's mile

3 Mile Slim & Sleek: Likes - music only option, variety of moves, I can do 3 miles without boredom.

Walk Weight Loss Bootcamp: Likes - I don't get bored at 2 mile mark. The variety with this one is toning/jogging/walking segments. Another bright set.

Runners up -

Walk Strong (not express) - this is actually a circuit workout. Upper and lower body toning segments - keeps your heart rate up.

The QVC/Walmart Super Walk set - the bands add some variety.

"Try for progress, not perfection" Chris Freytag
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 10:25 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Mine:

* 3 Mile Walk Off Ten Pounds (Target Kit)
* 3 Mile Weight Loss Bootcamp
* 3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk
* Walk This Way Beginner Walk
* WATP Express Walk Strong with Band

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 11:11 AM  
imhere2dance

My favorites:

5K with a Twist
Walk Away the Pounds Express Super Challenge
Walkaerobics Fat Burning Walk
Walk Slim Fast Start! 1 & 2 Mile Walk
Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles!
American Heart Association Start! 1 & 2 Mile Walk
American Heart Association Start! 3 Mile Walk
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 11:12 AM  
SpiritSong

My favorites:

5 Mile Fat Burning (variety and good pace)
Start Walking 3 Mile (bright set, countdown clock)
3 Mile Slim & Sleek (actually different from her other walks!)
Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles (good pace, last 1.5 miles is a party)
WATP Ultimate Collection (has 1, 2, 3, and 4 mile walks)
Old 09-13-11, 11:49 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

5-Day Slim Down (Leslie alone)
1,2,3,4 Mile WATP Express (with background exercisers, but limited background chatter)
Walk Strong
Walk & Kick is good for a little variety

There's also one called Walk With Me. It's like an intro to Leslie, about 15-20 minutes. Pleasant.
Old 09-13-11, 05:23 PM  
Eibhinn

I decided to give Leslie another try lately, and did some research by searching through old threads where people discussed their favourite Leslies, cutting and pasting the answers, alphabetizing them, and then seeing which were the most frequent responses (because I'm totally neurotic, apparently). Anyway, unfortunately I didn't keep the file, but I can remember the most frequent responses - and it's a bunch - so I'll present them here with no claims to being a Leslie expert. I am a very good researcher, though.

- American Heart Association/"Start Walking" Walks from Exercise TV - either 1 & 2, or 3 mile
- 2 mile Walkaerobics from the early 90s (a surprisingly frequent suggestion currently available on the "Deluxe" DVD with a 4 mile)***
- 3 mile Weight Loss Walk (mostly seemed to be suggested because Mary Kay leads a mile)
- 3 Mile Slim and Sleek is a less frequent favorite, but seems to be especially loved by those who chose it.
- 4 mile Super Challenge (from the Walk Away the Pounds Express series, available on several compilations)
- 5 Day Slim Down
- 5 Fat Burning Miles
- Walk and Kick
- Most people seem to agree that "Walk Slim" was her best series overall (especially 3 Fast Miles and 4 Fast Miles)
- There were less frequent suggestions of her newer Bootcamp one and Walk It Off and Tone it Up, but I tried to take into account the fact that they were newer releases when the threads I read were written, so perhaps they won't have the longevity of the others. Only time will tell.

*** This one is pretty different from the others. People seemed to mostly like that it has more complex steps and moves not ever included in newer releases. I found it interesting to note that in the credits Mary Kay Bruening is actually credited as the sole choreographer for the workout.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 07:09 PM  
PhyllisG

Those are basically my favorites also except for Walk & Kick--not a favorite. I would add Walk Away Your Stress to that list. I don't have the 4 Mile Super Challenge or at least I don't think I do.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 07:19 PM  
jacs

For me it would be the entire walk away the pounds
express series - nice variety of intensities in the range of walks, good music, favourite background exercisers

the walk slim series

5 mile slim down - my absolute fave

the punching one that comes with weighted gloves.

I guess everyone will have different opinions because there is not a heap to seperate them.

Jacqui
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-11, 08:06 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

My favorites are:

> Walk Away Your Stress
> Walk It Off And Tone It Up
> 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
> Walk the Walk

I have more than that, but those are the ones that I reach for the most.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 day slim down, leslie, leslie bootcamp, leslie sansone, leslie target kits, leslies, mary kay bruening