desertMermaid

Question Favorite Karen Voight WOs?

I've tried a handful of her workouts:

Total Body training
Abs & Back
Your personal best
Full body stretch
ballet body sculpt

I am just so inspired by her body, and I really enjoy her workouts. I was wondering what are the favorite KV workouts? I know alot of them have been repackaged multiple times with multiple names.

How are the ones that use a stability ball?

TIA.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 08:50 PM  
Vee

I used to love Great Weighted Workout and still remember it with fondness. I wish someone would make an updated version of the workout.

I have not clicked with her other stuff so much.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 08:54 PM  
F1mom

I just repurchased Great Weighted Workout and Energy Sprint. I also owned Your Personal Best and Sleek Essentials.

I'm giving KV another chance. In the past I found her kind of dry but after some of the more hyper and/or notorious instructors I find her more calm and mature.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 09:03 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Karen was the first video instructor I tried--11 years ago. I really liked her then and still do. She's such a pro, cues well, and looks amazing.

My favorites:

Great Weighted Workout (for the floorwork--Karen is absolutely relentless!)
Body Reform Abs and Back (pilates-esque core workout--Karen seems really relaxed and happy in this one)
Streamline Fitness (first half is AWT using light handweights or weighted balls; the second half is stretching and ab/core work)
Yoga Sculpt (beautiful classical piano music in the first half, a really good abs and core workout on the second half, and Karen's form is fantastic throughout)
Ballet Body Sculpt (one of my favorite barre workouts. There is zero dread factor, and nothing that hurts my knees!)
Full Body Stretch (I try to do this one once a week. It makes me feel wonderful at the end.)

Actually, these are all the Karen workouts I own. I like every one of them--2 of them I still have in the original VHS format, I have had them so long, and I still do them.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 09:06 PM  
alisoncooks

I only have (and have only ever tried) 2 and I really like them:
Quick & Slim Cardio
Total Body Training
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 09:32 PM  
bfit

I like Personal Best, Great Weighted Workout, and Burn and Firm. I don't think anyone else has mentioned Burn and Firm so far. It's a good aero/tone workout with low impact (but energetic) aerobics.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 10:14 PM  
Gancho Girl

I adore Karen - she and I have been working out together for 16 or 17 years (eek!).

I don't have anything by her that I don't like, but my favs are:
- Your Personal Best (my first workout video, and still a fav)
- Burn & Firm
- Yoga Power
- Pilates Core Power (when my back is really bugging me, this one always makes it feel better)
- Sleek Essentials (3 DVD set)
- Full Body Stretch
- Ballet BodySculpt

Karen's the best, and I really don't know if I ever would've started exercising if it wasn't for her.

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 11:30 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

I love the Sleek Essentials (3DVD) set! I am in total love with the cardio in that one and am having to hold myself back from doing it more than once a week so I don't burn out on it!

I also really like her newest 2...they are in such a beautiful setting it makes me look forward doing them. The only thing I don't like are the stupid cardboard sleeves.

I have burn and firm and haven't done it in a while but it is on tap for next Friday along with the foam roller segment from the 3DVD set.

I also have Sleek II, a much lower budget production than the original, but a good shorter workout.

Her arms and shoulders are awesome in the new ones!

Pam
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 12:09 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I like everything Karen. My faves:
Quick and Slim Cardio
Total Body Stretching
Ballet Body
Complete Sleek
Sleek Physique

Jackie