Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-10, 07:45 AM  
momtoaboyandgirl

I'll wait to see if Mary carries it and I'll try emailing Karen at her site, I know if I do pay $12.54 for postage I definitely do not want it to be insufficient and end up paying more. I do love Karen's instructing but at that postage rate I could buy another dvd!
Old 10-15-10, 07:48 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Sundari - yes, the workout flows (and doesn't waste time) but you can definitely do, say, Warmup, Chair and Abs, or Warmup, Mat 1 and Mat 2; or any combination you like because each section is distinct. ETA - Did you see the clip from Karen's stretching video?: http://www.bozemanhighdef.com/ I think her Ballet Body Sculpt clip will appear here too at some time.

Rhonda - ugh, how annoying! Definitely call her up and let her know. Not only must you get your money back but she needs to be made aware of the error. Her business is small and I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but she needs to avoid making it again.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 10:27 AM  
Rhonda

I received a message from Karen apologizing for the postage mishap. She said they did take them to the PO to make sure the postage was correct. Well I can pretty much be sure that $.55 is not enough to send a padded envelope, let alone a couple DVDs (even in cardboard cases).

She did say that if I ordered another DVD from her she would waive the postage. Gee thanks but I don't know if I appreciate that as a fix as I don't expect to buy anything from her in the near future.

Not sure what else she could have done but I will keep her e-mail just in case I decide to order something.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 04:52 PM  
OrangeSofa

Wow! This one is going on my wish list. Thanks, Lucky, for the great description.

"The cha-cha is no more ridiculous than life itself."-Whit Stillman
OrangeSofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 05:28 PM  
dnna

I did this one today as well . I would put it at intermediate and room to grow. some of the moves were very intense.
The music was familiar in the warm up. I think it is the same tune as the music when the instructors walk in the room in the newer Firms. I also recognized the music in the cool down as the music Christa played in her cooldown in BSS3.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 05:46 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Is there a clip of this one anywhere?
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 06:11 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Wow, that's a gorgeous clip! Karen looks beautiful and joyful, too. Love her smile! The stretches in the clip are definitely yoga-inspired. I think I'll be getting this one. I did Energy Sprint yesterday which reminded me how much I like Karen's work.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 10:34 PM  
kali1

Does anyone have a link for this workout? Is it avaiable on Karen's website yet?
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 10:51 PM  
Vee

Great review Gina. If Mary ever carries it, I plan to buy.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-10, 06:51 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
she kinda looks like "old school Karen" again. Short hair again with bangs and - ahem - she appears to have lost a little weight in two noticeable regions.
LOL! I've always loved Karen and took many of her classes and instructor trainings when I lived in San Diego. I was disappointed when she started to "change" her appearance. I too ordered the DVD and am looking forward to seeing the old Karen again!

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body sculpt, ballet bodysculpt, karen voight