Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10, 08:15 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Thanks, Gina!

I ordered both of the new DVDs. I think Karen Voight is one of the best instructors on DVD and video. She always teaches in a way that is safe and effective. She has never been the most popular instructor at VF, probably because she is low-key and more on the serious side, but I have always enjoyed her workouts. Pure and Simple Stretch is a classic.
Totally agree. Yoga Focus is one of my top five used dvds.
sheepla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10, 08:35 PM  
juberann

Thanks, Sherry I looked right after I posted and seen it was Karen Voight DVDs (Duh, me)! Well, no worries then. I am always leery of buying from sellers on amazon (and eBay) nowadays but I'm not worried, I think Karen is pretty legit
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10, 08:38 PM  
Gancho Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoaboyandgirl View Post
I really hope the dvd gets sold elsewhere- shipping to Canada is almost $13.00 that's a bit much
Have you contacted them via karenvoight.com direct to see if their rates are better when not through amazon?

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10, 09:40 PM  
ooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Thanks, Gina!

I ordered both of the new DVDs. I think Karen Voight is one of the best instructors on DVD and video. She always teaches in a way that is safe and effective. She has never been the most popular instructor at VF, probably because she is low-key and more on the serious side, but I have always enjoyed her workouts. Pure and Simple Stretch is a classic.
Totally agree Abbe. BTW, miss ya.
Old 10-14-10, 11:21 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
Thank you, buddy I just bought it, it sounds absolutely wonderful! Your review was beautifully written, Gina! Now, there is only one seller to get this from, correct? a new seller in Califoria? hopefully, I bought from the same vendor.
When I think of Karen Voight, I think of workouts like this one. She was made to do these types of workouts. Very graceful,elegant,classy lady I am SO excited about it being shot outside!! what a nice change of pace,especially with the cold and dreary winter days coming up. Sounds like everything anyone could want in a Barre workout and I am thrilled to hear that you feel it's "doable" and not too advanced.
THANK YOU for taking the time to write that lovely review,Lucky! and thanks so much for the enabling Judy
Thank YOU for the compliment, Judy! I honestly think you will love this. I think it's not SO many reps of anything that you can overstress joints, you know? (Knees, back, etc.) It's got that "workout smarter, not harder" feel to it... results without sacrifice. And it just has such a peaceful, happy vibe. It's the same scenery as the stretching video, so it just fills you with the beauty of nature. I just outdoor videos; Karen's got some winners here!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 05:11 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Thank you for a wonderful review, Gina! It sounds really lovely
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 06:08 AM  
Rhonda

I received both DVDs yesterday, have not previewed them but she didn't put enough postage on and now I owe the post office $1.19. I am going to e-mail karen and let her know. For what I paid I would think they could put enough postage on.

Not sure if anything will happen but I wasn't happy about it.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 07:38 AM  
sundari

Lucky - thank you for a great review. Can this workout be easily done in sections for those of us time crunched?

Has anyone found any clips yet on this one?

Rhonda - that is upsetting about the postage.
Old 10-15-10, 07:42 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I checked with Mary at Total Fitness DVDs and she has contacted Karen Voight about this, but hasn't heard back.

Lucky Star - would you consider this a 'flowing' workout versus a bunch of individual exercises? Anything at all like Ellen Barrett, if you're familiar with her? Thanks !
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body sculpt, ballet bodysculpt, karen voight