Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-27-10, 04:49 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippadog View Post
Hi

I love chaplyn61's recommendation. I've been trying to use that one all day today. 'Just for today...' I also suffer with stress. So bad I've got a stash of medication from my psychiatrist for it and other stuff for OCD and depression. I've just started a new job in sales and the pressure to sell is getting to me. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve. If I'm peed off people can generally tell unfortunately. I've recently been using Ravianna's dvds and I love them. I really love their new Beginners Meditation dvd. I can highly recommend it. Also any exercise in general seems to help.

I think some of us are made that way and all we can do is try and retrain our thinking by affirmations and positive thinking.

Thanks again chaplyn61 I will repeat 'Just for today..' continuously at work tonight.

Laura
x
Oh Laura, I can't take credit for this. one or two replies before this was were I saw this, I just re-posted that i really liked it. I reminds me of the Serenity Prayer.
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 04:51 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Laura, that was Debbie S. and her thread is very inspiring
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 09:54 PM  
amyzan
VF Supporter

I find I require two sessions a day to destress adequately. I have to build these sessions into my day consciously, and I don't do the same things every day, either. Sometimes, it's stretching, meditation, yoga, walking the dog an extra walk, doing a quided relaxation on cd, journaling or writing creatively, but these are separate from my physical workouts. Working out consistently helps enormously, but the two sessions a day in addition is ideal for me. They don't have to be long sessions, either. Sometimes, it's as little as taking five minutes or less to breathe and relax my body part by part, just sort of mentally and emotionally checking in. When I can, I give it more time. But, there are days five minutes is enough. And, there are days it's difficult to give myself enough time to destress adequately, too! But, once you've made it an intention in your life, things will get better.

from Stream of Life, Rabindranath Tragore
amyzan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
donna eden, stress reduction, stress relief