Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-10, 08:15 AM  
Fit Kitty

Spotted, spotted, spotted... now I will have to place another order! Thank you for the fantastic reviews! I ordered the 10 pack last week (haven't got them yet) and now I will need to place another order for these. Both of these sound exactly like what I've been looking for. I can't wait to receive all my Lee's, and I know I will love them.

Karen
Fit Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 09:13 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Spotted is the official Lee Holden enabler!

I ordered four (just to get the free shipping, you understand ): Deeper Flow, More Energy, and Karen's Get Stronger and Full Body Shape-Up.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 09:40 AM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted_zebra View Post
I almost forgot to add Deep Sleep has both self-massage and acupressure point knocking too.
Thanks for this. I'll definitely be getting this one.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 12:44 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
How much time to you have in the morning, Pat? His new one (not released yet) has an AM and PM practice, but they each look to be 40 min.
He also has that 7 Minutes of Magic AM/PM. It moved too quickly for people in my family, so I'm not sure how you'd like it with creaky joints. You can get an idea here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMwietyqlWw
Thank you so much for that link - definitely out for me, I can't get down on the floor so well in the morning and those down dogs are out.

Fiona - thank you for your feedback as well. They all sound good especially if the 7 Minutes of Magic you referenced doesn't have down dogs.

Looks like I'll have to carefully read reviews - from the few I've tried from the library, none had moves with pressure on the wrists. Forewarned is forearmed!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 01:55 PM  
cfgcanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Thank you so much for that link - definitely out for me, I can't get down on the floor so well in the morning and those down dogs are out.

Fiona - thank you for your feedback as well. They all sound good especially if the 7 Minutes of Magic you referenced doesn't have down dogs.

Looks like I'll have to carefully read reviews - from the few I've tried from the library, none had moves with pressure on the wrists. Forewarned is forearmed!
The 7 Minutes of Magic has 2 AM routines (7 and 16 minutes) and they both have downward facing dogs, which flow to upward facing dogs or cobras in them. The PM routines (again 7 and 16 minutes) don't but are done partly on the floor, and there's an additional 7 minute all standing routine for health (which is very nice, but not enough to buy the whole DVD for just that one segment, if you don't or can't do the other routines).

If you check on the website - it notes that some are done all standing (and others are done partly on the floor). If you have wrist problems or don't like to get down on the floor, you'd want to get an all standing routine (offhand, I know for sure that the Beginner Flow is all standing, and so is the one for Healthy Joints and Bones).
Old 08-21-10, 03:42 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you Fiona!
Old 08-21-10, 09:43 PM  
spotted zebra

Glad to know I'm not the only one who was tempted. Karen and Joan & anyone else who caved - let us know what you think of the DVDs you got. And Ardnas, welcome aboard - those are good choices!

I'm still waiting for my local PBS station to have Lee on. (Hasn't happened yet.) Some of you might be able to get to see one or more of his programs on TV one day.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-10, 12:20 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Lee Holden's show is never on my PBS station, only fund-raising specials selling his DVDs and showing snippets.

Has anyone tried Karen Holden's routines? Is she Lee's Mom?
Old 08-22-10, 02:41 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Has anyone tried Karen Holden's routines? Is she Lee's Mom?
Pat - yes, Karen is his mom. VFers who've tried the Qigong for Seniors DVD with both Lee and Karen might be able to tell you more about her. Deep Sleep and More Energy have short preview clips of Karen's new workouts. I could be wrong but they seem geared to seniors just starting a fitness program. For instance in the few upper body strength exercises I saw she doesn't use hand weights (nor much body weight). The cardio I saw is basic and slow moving.

As far as your wrist issues, yes 7 Minutes of Magic is definitely out, probably more so than any other program of Lee's. His Low Back DVD also has a few down dogs but they're pretty easy to avoid. You might be surprised - most of Lee's programs are wrist friendly. Was there any title in particular you were concerned about?

ETA: Oh wait, I just read your comment about getting down on the floor which I didn't notice before. Then I'm with Fiona on sticking more to standing routines and I second the recommendation for Healthy Joints and Bones which has great circular motions for lubricating the joints. If you click on "more info" on any title on Lee's website, it'll usually say whether the programs are all standing or a combo of floor and standing exercises.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 10:23 AM  
sundari

Quote:

Pat - I wanted to suggest Lee's "Qi Gong for Healthy Joints & Bones" its 30 minutes total body, all standing. It gets all the kinks out of the body in a very relaxing and peaceful mindset way.

Tags
donna eden, hot body cool mind, insomnia, intercostal muscle strain, lee holden, lee holden favorites, qi gong, qi gong for deep sleep, qi gong for more energy, qi healing kit