Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-10, 12:55 PM  
HelloKitty88

Karen Voight

Does anybody know if Karen Voight has any plans of making new workouts? I've not heard or read anything so I'm assuming she isn't. Does she still teach?

It would be great to have some new yoga and pilates dvds from her. I've emailed but haven't gotten any response. I know KV isn't that spoken about on this forum anymore but I really enjoy her yoga and pilates workouts.
HelloKitty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 01:14 PM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

I really like her too. I know some people don't like her constant counting and dry delivery but it works for me. I'd love to see some new stuff from her.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 02:01 PM  
Fitmama

I like Karen too. Actually I just broke out one of her old ones - Energy Sprint - today which I had not done in almost 10 years. I really enjoyed it and I have always liked her forms pointers. I hope she comes out with something soon and would like to see her do a workout showing different level all the way up to advanced level.

Live Kidney Donor April 2014 - Donate and save a life!
Fitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 02:06 PM  
saffron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitmama View Post
Actually I just broke out one of her old ones - Energy Sprint - today which I had not done in almost 10 years. I really enjoyed it and I have always liked her forms pointers.
I always wished she would do an updated version of Energy Sprint. It's such a great low impact, high intensity workout.
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 02:26 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Someone posted a thread on Collage Video's forum asking if she had anything new coming out, & they said yes, she does, but I think that's all the info. they give right now. I would love more aerobics from her--either step or floor--I don't really click with her light weights strength, but I do love her abs workouts.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 02:39 PM  
KathAL79

Karen is way overdue for a new release, IMHO.

Just an idle thought: as great of a presenter Karen is, and it'd be sad to see her give that up, I bet she'd make a good producer, too.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 02:44 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Oh my - Energy Sprint. A blast from the past I have the cover pictured in my mind right now. I wonder if I still have that in the back (VHS) row of my cabinet behind the DVDs. I'll have to look. I don't get back there much.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 02:54 PM  
Jeanne Marie

I did Energy Sprint one day last week!

I hadn't done it in a long time, but those moves came right back to me. I still love this one!
Old 08-18-10, 03:35 PM  
dianestjohn

Energy Sprint is great. I would love it if she made an updated version.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 04:09 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

I would love to see new workouts from Karen.

Specifically, I'd love to see her teach a barre workout. I think her form would be superb, and she is so graceful. I bet it would be really good.

I still do Yoga Sculpt (her first yoga workout, the one that has the yoga that is done to classical music and also has a really good abs/core workout); her abs and back Pilates-style workout is one of my desert island discs.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body sculpt, ballet bodysculpt, full body stretch, karen voight