Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-11-10, 12:21 PM  
cristinalatina

Wow, thank you all so much for your great suggestions! I just placed an order for Yoga for Conditioning and Stress release and Yoga for Stress Relief with the Dalai Lama, I suspect that was the second enthusiastic suggestion. Thanks so much Diane for mentioning Alan Finger, I agree he is great and worth exploring. I am interested in the Yoga meditation DVD, but I see that Ravi/Ana have also put out a DVD with meditation, I wonder if anybody has tried it!

I am also very interested in Yoga Nidra Kath, and I think that Shiva's Drops of nectar (which worked wonders for me) is sort of an introduction to Yoga Nidra. I will explore the Jill Miller CD you mention.

Thank you all sooo much, off to Amazon to check out your suggestions!
Old 03-11-10, 12:29 PM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristinalatina View Post
I just placed an order for Yoga for Conditioning and Stress release and Yoga for Stress Relief with the Dalai Lama, I suspect that was the second enthusiastic suggestion.
Yes, the second one is Yoga for Stress Relief we were discussing (the Dalai Lama bit is a separate chapter and doesn't figure into the practices).
As far as I know the Breathe In Bliss Out CD is only available on Jill's site, unless you can find it for trade or at YaYas. Hmm, I don't know what Jill's international shipping prices are, now that I think about it.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 03:20 PM  
D72

You are so welcome Cristina!
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 04:09 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Cristina, you've gotten some great suggestions! You had asked specifically about releasing the neck & shoulders. Benagh's Yoga for Stress Relief does include some great work for this area, but you might also want to take a look at this thread that Kath started awhile back:

http://96.30.11.231/~vfwnk/forum/sho...d.php?t=110661

You are sure to get a lot of other great ideas from there, including Jill Miller's Yoga Tune-Up balls (also available on Jill Miller's site that Kath mentioned above).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 04:55 PM  
michl43

for before bedtime, i love the cd titled "progressive relaxation & autogenic training" by Caroline McManus. Very relaxing with tense/release, & breathing exercises. Also, Jill Millers Yoga Tuneup Quick RX & post athletic stretch dvds are both great.
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alan finger, yoga audios, yoga nidra