Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-09, 03:07 PM  
fit1

Sparkpeople Cardio Blast and The Spark: Fit, Firm & Fired Up in 10 Minutes a Day

I'm not familiar with Nicole (of Sparkpeople) as a fitness intructor but she's coming out with 2 DVDs on December 29.

Got the following info from Amazon:

1. SparkPeople Cardio Blast with Coach Nicole

The SparkPeople Cardio Blast provides six 10-minute cardio routines. Do a single workout, all six at once, or select one of the preprogrammed combinations. Select from: 1. Walk It Out: An indoor walking routine great for beginners; 2. 80s Aerobics: A fun flashback of oldies but goodies; 3. Cardio Kickboxing: Box, kick, and punch! 4. Hop to It: A high-impact jumping routine; 5. Jump Rope: Torch calories, even without a rope; and 6. Cardio Boot Camp: A high-intensity routine that pushes the limits.

2. The Spark: Fit, Firm & Fired Up in 10 Minutes a Day

Inspired by the book The Spark, this DVD includes effective yet unintimidating workouts for everyday exercisers led by SparkPeoples popular fitness expert, Coach Nicole. This DVD includes: seven targeted 10-minute strength and toning workouts (All About Arms, Crunchless Core, Lower Body Blast, and more); a bonus 15-minute cardio workout; training tips; and additional workout combinations all on one DVD.
fit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 03:14 PM  
Diana3271

They sound good to me!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-09, 06:16 PM  
KathAL79

Everyone is releasing a workout video these days: reality TV stars, football cheerleaders, wives of music legends...

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-09, 07:38 PM  
Janga

So true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79 View Post
Everyone is releasing a workout video these days: reality TV stars, football cheerleaders, wives of music legends...
Janga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-10, 05:32 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Has anyone tried these yet? The cardio one sounds pretty good to me, & the strength has that 15 minute cardio bonus. Both are available at Amazon, prices go from $9.,99 to $7.99, depending on what day you look a them.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-10, 10:48 AM  
Janga

You can get them on the Spark website, possibly cheaper.

Nicole is "Coach Nicole," one of the spark employees who moderate and write copy for the site, they've been streaming videos with her workouts for awhile now and then started putting them on DVDs. I don't know how they are as haven't looked at them but the members seem to like them.
Janga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 07:33 PM  
kathys
VF Supporter

SparkPeople Cardio Blast with Coach Nicole

I had an Amazon gc so took a chance on this one. My dvd freezes so I am returning it for a refund. I was not able to view 2 of the segments because of the defect in the dvd. This is pretty amateurish compared to current standards for fitness dvds. Filmed in a gym, the music is barely audible, the instructor seems a little inexperienced. The pace of the workout seemed appropriate for beginners and there were some form pointers. I am not familiar with her from Spark People as I don't visit the website. I am not asking for a replacement dvd and would not purchase any more dvds from Spark People.
kathys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coach nicole, nicole nichols, sparkpeople