Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-10, 01:12 PM  
Castella

Thanks! I was searching under Donna Eden...I didn't think to search under Energy Medicine Kit!
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-10, 01:22 PM  
tigerbaby

You're welcome! I did the exact same thing the other day looking for it.
Old 10-01-10, 07:59 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbaby View Post
WOW spotted_zebra! As always, you provide invaluable information! Looks like it's the energy medicine kit for me and possibly her first book. It's so encouraging to hear about your progress and experiences with energy work. And if it wasn't for you, I would've never thought to consider qi gong. Sometimes things in life are very timely. Thank you so much and please keep sharing your thoughts!
Thanks Tiffany, I'm glad to know the qigong is helping.

If you get her Energy Medicine book be sure to get the latest (2008) edition which has excellent additional info you won't find in the first release.

The length of the complete DVD program in the Kit the first time you do it is 1 hour & 45 minutes, so allow for that extra time if you can. There's also a quick Exercise Review section, so once you've seen all the demonstrations you can go through the exercises much quicker. Before you know it you'll be doing the exercises from memory and won't even need to follow the DVD unless you want to.

Donna talks about how in today's world we're more bombarded than we've ever been before by man-made energies, electro-magnetic energies or radiation, and pollutants and chemicals that can really stress our energies. And how more than ever we need to learn how to adapt to that and evolve so our health and vitality are not negatively impacted. Different things stress people's bodies to varying degrees and we're all different. I know for me fluorescent lighting in office buildings scrambles my energy terribly and the lack of oxygen and windows that don't open don't help. Learning Donna's exercises and using those you feel you need as you need them is like energy first aid. It really works! You'll feel vitalized and more alive and connected on so many levels, and generally happier and healthier.

I also like how Donna demonstrates techniques not just on men and women, but also children. How wonderful for children to be able to learn these exercises while young! One reason why I so heartily recommend the Energy Medicine Kit is no one has to spend a lot of money to start learning these techniques, and everyone in one's household can benefit from the Kit exercises alone even.

I've learned some valuable things from all her programs, and I also like her Introduction to Energy Medicine DVD which I recently picked up at a local metaphysical bookstore. The Introduction to EM DVD probably wouldn't be popular at VF since the exercises aren't chaptered like in her other programs. It includes exercises from both the Kit and Essentials DVDs and the EM for Women program plus a really fascinating overview of energy medicine in general. She discusses things like how the flow of energy goes from one person to another amongst couples in relationships, expanding your energy field/ aura, and balancing meridians, such as when you're working on strengthening one meridian how also working on its opposite meridian can help so much. For anyone who has any organs missing due to surgery this is pretty helpful to know. (Her book discusses meridians at more length plus there's more information on the Essentials set.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castella View Post
... Do the techniques for moving rage out of your body work? I believe I have a genetic tendency towards rage (my father and his father both are/were big rage-a-holics and I see it developing in my brother as well).
YES, absolutely. For one thing many of the Kit DVD exercises address stress and there's one Ayurvedic type - Pitta - which can react to stress with anger. I know someone like that and these exercises have been helping him tremendously to not get so stressed in the first place. But also we all can accumulate energies we don't want, whether we're picking them up from other people or other sources or due to past experiences, and the exercises for letting go of unwanted energies are very effective.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 08:09 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I wish to echo Tiffany's sentiments as well Spotted - these posts have come at a time in my life when I was floundering "man overboard" in a sea of anxiety and your energies somehow caused you to toss me a life preserver. First the QiGong is helping so much and now this feedback from you on Donna Eden speaks to many of the "ambient" issues exacerbating stress - trapped in a fake light office all day, electronics, etc.

Makes those communes with nature seem all that much more important as well.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-10, 11:39 AM  
spotted zebra

Thanks Pat.

In another thread I mentioned a website which offers additional materials by Donna with more advanced techniques if anyone ever wants to know more down the road - www.innersource.net . Some of these programs can be quite pricey though.

I recently found another resource for EM DVD programs by a senior faculty member of the Eden Energy Medicine Certification Program, Melanie Smith - http://www.wellwithin.net . I'm tempted by her "Harmonize the Fire" DVD. I'd love to know how it compares to the Energy Medicine for Women DVD set.
Old 10-06-10, 11:03 PM  
tigerbaby

I received my energy medicine kit today and only reviewed the first 3 exercises on the dvd but WOW! This is mind blowing! I had no idea that energy meridians could flow backwards! Donna really knows her stuff and is such a great teacher. And I can't believe her life story! Man, what a tale of overcoming HUGE obstacles. I can't wait to get more involved with this kit.
Old 10-07-10, 03:07 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Wow this is so interesting... and this sounds like something I could really use right now!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 07:38 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm hoping that mine is here tonight or tomorrow, I just can't wait to get my hansd on it!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 08:24 AM  
spotted zebra

Oh we're still raving about Donna and her exercises at work! I don't know where this has been all my life, but the information is so incredibly vital I think it should be taught to all of us from a really young age. If anyone can get a hold of her Introduction to Energy Medicine DVD at a library it makes for great watching. This information is fascinating. Occasionally you come across something that addresses a key missing link and for me and the people in my life we have no doubt this is one of them.

One word of caution I found out myself inadvertently - it's not a good idea to do the exercises too close to bedtime (unless you're only doing some calming ones) because your energies WILL be buzzing and you won't want to sleep! But the amazing thing was even on just a few hours of sleep, I still felt pretty fantastic the next day at work and I didn't have to drag myself through my day like I'd otherwise have normally on little sleep. Plus I had no cravings for junk food or caffeine the next day like I often would before when I haven't slept enough.
Old 10-07-10, 08:26 AM  
tigerbaby

Pat, she has a movement called "zip up" wherein she teaches you how to protect your energy field from others so you don't take on their toxic energy. I'm thinking this would be great in the workplace to help shield one from having others' energy mixed in.

Tags
donna eden, energy medicine, fatigue, stress relief