Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-09, 03:04 PM  
Demeris

The for women book has more in it than the original energy medicine book. The original book outlines the different energy systems and how to keep them operating efficiently. For women deals with specific women's issues, issue by issue and how to keep a woman's energy systems operating efficiently. They complement each other nicely although the techniques covered in original are all in for women, but not vice versa.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 10:25 PM  
spotted zebra

I'm revisiting this thread a year later to say thanks Demeris for all your feedback. I was looking for more ways to balance the meridians and strengthen my energy field. I'm a big believer in Touch for Health healing exercises, which I know is part of Donna's training. Thanks again!
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-10, 07:33 AM  
tigerbaby

I'm seriously considering getting the Energy Medicine Kit but I'm also interested in her books. Would it be worth it to get one of her books or another one of her dvds instead?
Old 09-30-10, 07:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Spotted thank you for refreshing this thread because I was going to get the Energy Healing kit on Sounds True but now am angling more for the Energy for Women. I really don't need cards or fake crystals either.

Demeris many thanks for your input! This thread passed me by last year but this year I really need it.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-10, 09:56 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbaby View Post
I'm seriously considering getting the Energy Medicine Kit but I'm also interested in her books. Would it be worth it to get one of her books or another one of her dvds instead?
I have four DVD programs of Donna's plus her two books, and so far the Energy Medicine Kit is the big favourite among my friends. I've introduced five people at work to Donna's work and they're all pretty amazed by the changes they've felt. So my answer is the Kit is a popular starting point, and you can always invest in her books too if you'd like to pick up more exercises (such as pain relief techniques), &/or other DVDs later for additional exercises - I also love the Essentials 3-DVD set. The DVD, CD and booklet alone make the Kit SO worthwhile. At Amazon you can get it for $19.77 which is a great deal! Her books are about $12 each at Amazon and also well worth the price.

Pat, The crystal isn't a major part of the package at all, as most of the work (99.99%) involves using your hands and you can easily ignore the cards and crystal (I do). The Kit exercises address stress and fatigue in large part, and it's a basic how-to guide that works equally well for both genders. I'm not sure why someone would get the Women's DVD set first since it's based on Donna's second book and assumes some knowledge of her regular exercises already and why they work so well. True, the Women's DVD set starts off with some of the basics, but I think the basics are better and more fully represented in her previous material (but that's just my opinion).

I was hoping for more from the Women's set and was a little disappointed, whereas I expected less from the Kit and was delighted it has more than I thought it would (that I can use, I mean). I still like the Women's DVD set though, but only use some of the exercises on top of the ones I already do in her other programs.

ETA: I've already bought additional copies of the Kit because otherwise I'd never see mine again! I also plan to buy some as Christmas presents.
Old 09-30-10, 10:02 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Spotted thank you for that additional feedback. I was set to pounce on the Women's first but after reviewing it I see it's geared a lot toward hormonal and chld rearing issues - PMS, birth, meno, etc. - which gratefully are behind me. Therefore the bulk of it was not that appealing, though I'm sure there is still good info for the post-M woman. I'm going to start with the basic kit for now!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-10, 10:05 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Spotted thank you for that additional feedback. I was set to pounce on the Women's first but after reviewing it I see it's geared a lot toward hormonal and chld rearing issues - PMS, birth, meno, etc. - which gratefully are behind me. Therefore the bulk of it was not that appealing, though I'm sure there is still good info for the post-M woman. I'm going to start with the basic kit for now!
Don't forget fertility, in case you'd like to get pregnant. I don't mean to be flip, as a follow-up to her original work I think it's got some very important material. Someone trying to get pregnant but having trouble say, might find it invaluable, and of course the other hormonal issues are big too. While I only do some of the exercises (besides the basics), I still find it fascinating to watch because I love hearing Donna Eden speak. She's a delightful, joyful spirit.
Old 09-30-10, 11:42 AM  
tigerbaby

WOW spotted_zebra! As always, you provide invaluable information! Looks like it's the energy medicine kit for me and possibly her first book. It's so encouraging to hear about your progress and experiences with energy work. And if it wasn't for you, I would've never thought to consider qi gong. Sometimes things in life are very timely. Thank you so much and please keep sharing your thoughts!
Old 09-30-10, 12:42 PM  
Castella

I don't see the Energy Medicine Kit at Amazon (US) ? There is a used kit for over $200.

Do the techniques for moving rage out of your body work? I believe I have a genetic tendency towards rage (my father and his father both are/were big rage-a-holics and I see it developing in my brother as well).
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-10, 12:47 PM  
tigerbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castella View Post
I don't see the Energy Medicine Kit at Amazon (US) ? There is a used kit for over $200.

Do the techniques for moving rage out of your body work? I believe I have a genetic tendency towards rage (my father and his father both are/were big rage-a-holics and I see it developing in my brother as well).
Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Medicin...ref=pd_sim_b_1

Tags
donna eden, energy medicine, fatigue, stress relief