Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-08, 09:30 AM  
Libby

Stability Ball Workouts

I got a stability ball recently. I bought the one that is for my height. I have had a hard time with it though. I think we overfilled it to start with so we let some of the air out of it but I have a hard time keeping it under me. It wants to roll out. I consider myself an advanced exerciser but I guess this is going to take some time to learn and get used to. Yesterday, I was doing a backbend on the ball and fell off to the side. That didn't feel too good! Can you recommend any workouts that are good stability ball workouts? With good music? I don't think I need the absolute beginner workouts but I'm not ready for the advanced ones either. I tried the workout that came with the ball and it was very boring and too easy.

Thanks!
Libby
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 09:59 AM  
daisysunshine

HI Libby!

I suggest getting Gaiams' balanceball workouts. (Tanja Djelvic). They look really awesome - I got Cardio Balance Ball. (and I'm lookin high and hard for the Balance Ball Cross Core Train.

If you can find it - the Firm's stability ball workout. it's awesome.

10 Minute Solutions on the ball is a good workout too.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 10:38 AM  
lindseylu8

*Core Solutions Ab Assult is fun and tough
*10 Minutle Solutions Stability Ball workout is nice for variety but not too tough IMO

If I think of more I will post them later

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 12:38 PM  
Libby

TO: Daisy

Giaims is the ball that I got and it came with the workout you suggested but I thought it was boring. It was about a 70 minute workout and when I was done I felt like I hadn't worked out. But I like all the other suggestions and will try them. Thanks!

Libby
Old 08-24-08, 12:44 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Patrick Goudeau has his ABC workouts (Advanced Ball Conditioning). I have ABC2 and I like it (and now that you've asked I think I will pull it out to do this week). I don't have the first ABC, I understand it is more intermediate. I don't consider any of Patrick's workouts "beginner" level---at least the ones I have purchased.

Oh, and BTW I don't think "advanced" necessarily translates to a different type of workout! The first time or two I tried the stability ball I fell off of it more than I care to admit and I was definitely at an advanced level on step and hi lo workouts. Isn't it great to feel humble!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 12:46 PM  
Libby

To: cataddict

Yes, the stability ball has definitely humbled me!!!
Old 08-24-08, 01:05 PM  
daisysunshine

Libby; really? i didn't know that Tanja's was the one that came the ball itself. I know that BALANCEBALL comes with a variety of dvds, and the one that I've seen with a Ball+DVD was with Suzanne something. (and that dvd got really poor reviews) but Tanja's usually has an awesome reviewing. hehe that's something.

there's the Susan Harris dvd as well "Finding You Core"

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 01:06 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict
Patrick Goudeau has his ABC workouts (Advanced Ball Conditioning). I have ABC2 and I like it (and now that you've asked I think I will pull it out to do this week). I don't have the first ABC, I understand it is more intermediate. I don't consider any of Patrick's workouts "beginner" level---at least the ones I have purchased.
I don't mean to nit-pick, but ABC stands for Amazing Ball Choreography. I wouldn't want Libby to be scared off of these two (or does he have 3 now?) because of the title. It's very different from other ball workouts in that it's geared for cardio and not toning. And don't let the fact that Patrick is known for complex choreography daunt you - the ABC workouts are very easy to learn.
Old 08-24-08, 01:26 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

If you are into pilates, I love 10 minute solutions Pilates on the Ball.
Old 08-24-08, 01:39 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Diane, you're not nitpicking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom
I don't mean to nit-pick, but ABC stands for Amazing Ball Choreography. I wouldn't want Libby to be scared off of these two (or does he have 3 now?) because of the title. It's very different from other ball workouts in that it's geared for cardio and not toning. And don't let the fact that Patrick is known for complex choreography daunt you - the ABC workouts are very easy to learn.
I was using my memory rather than actually looking at the DVD cover---that will teach me!! Thanks for setting the record straight.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tanja djelevic