Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-12, 11:11 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
I like that some instructors have 'overweight' exercisers in their workouts. To me it says "Hey, exercise isn't just for the fit and 'normal' weight people, everyone can benefit from exercise."
Pfft! That's all fine and dandy, but why don't more instructors have the klutzy, the clumsy and the graceless in their videos too?

Exercise isn't just for the coordinated, you know!
Old 11-05-12, 11:25 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Love Mary Kay. My favorite Leslie is the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk where MK leads the second mile.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 11:35 PM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Pfft! That's all fine and dandy, but why don't more instructors have the klutzy, the clumsy and the graceless in their videos too?

Ever see Steve in Leslie's workouts? He's in 3 of them: The Big Burn, Heart Healthy Walk, and Fast & Firm! 4 Really Big Miles. Talk about two left feet! Sometimes he does regular side steps while they're doing double side steps and tap-outs.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 11:40 PM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol ruth View Post
I even tried to reach her on facebook but she never answered.
I sent her a note on FB early last year and she wrote a lovely reply. She even signed it "Your sister in sweat." She's great! I love Mary Kay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
I love MK-led miles. I really wish she had her own workouts. I can't remember which one it is but I think Leslie has a 5 miler where MK leads but you can't hear her.
3 Fast Miles! is where Mary Kay leads for 2 minutes in the second mile, but she's not wearing a mic.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-12, 01:10 AM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post

Some do! I like complex choreography & I can follow it, but I'm quite graceless. I like having graceless background exercisers & I do identify with them, but I look at the instructor all the time so I hardly see them.
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-12, 01:34 AM  
Diana2468

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol ruth View Post
I have searched the internet to find out about Mary Kay for years. I just thought it would be enlightening to find out what happened to her. I even tried to reach her on facebook but she never answered. I lost 40lb but could never get the last 30 off. I am still doing leslie's workouts faithfully.
I have wondered where Mary Kay is too! And whether she will ever be in another Leslie workout or put out her own workouts. Does anyone know?!
Diana2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-12, 01:38 AM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
Ever see Steve in Leslie's workouts? He's in 3 of them: The Big Burn, Heart Healthy Walk, and Fast & Firm! 4 Really Big Miles. Talk about two left feet! Sometimes he does regular side steps while they're doing double side steps and tap-outs.
I've never heard of Steve, but I like him already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqi A View Post
Some do! I like complex choreography & I can follow it, but I'm quite graceless. I like having graceless background exercisers & I do identify with them, but I look at the instructor all the time so I hardly see them.
That's why I like Brenda in Cathe's DVD's - she provides the graceless modifications!
Old 11-06-12, 01:57 AM  
juberann

I love Steve in The Big Burn!! he is SOOOO handsome
Old 11-06-12, 02:28 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
I think the thread has actually been quite supportive. I don't see criticism in the discussion. But then, I love Mary Kay (and Leslie!) either way! At any rate, yes, I'll hush!! --just wanted to point out that I am not critical of Mary Kay in any way, I find her inspiring.

So, as I said, even if I were to gain weight, I think I'd keep exercising; exercising for HEALTH, exercising to FEEL GOOD, even if I wasn't losing weight. It's hard to imagine, we are in such a weight-obsessed culture, but losing weight isn't the ONLY reason to exercise, nor is gaining weight in any way a reason to stop! So I applaud role models who just keep right on exercising for life and health despite weight issues. In fact, I get a little tired of the "same ol' same ol'" fit skinny bodies in videos. It gets so cookie-cutter somehow.
I agree with you a 100%, Susan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzette View Post
I love Mary Kay. She is beautiful!
I wish she would lead more miles - or do her own walking DVD.
I know, I keep wishing she'll show up in one of Leslie's walks again! (It was a big downer for me when the 'Walk, Eat, Lose' set came out and had her and the old crew on the covers only to find out none of them were actually in the walks! That was a big ripoff IMO!..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
OMG, he is SO adorable!!! I have to smile every time I see him! (And yes, he's handsome too! )

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-12, 06:20 AM  
sherry7899

I like an OLD Leslie workout that is only on VHS where they introduced the walk belt. Mary Kay leads a mile in that one. It is set in a living room.

http://www.amazon.com/Mile-Super-Bur...er+fat+burning

I really like the two mile walkaerobics that Mary Kay choreoraphed, that is on the deluxe dvd. It has a mural in the background and uses instrumental versions of old pop songs. It's one of my favorite Leslie workouts.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie sansone, mary kay bruening, the big burn, watp