Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-07, 08:27 PM  
bfit

I have that older workout with Mary Kay leading Mile 2. It's called 1-2-3 Mile Super Fat Burner.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 08:35 PM  
Arielle96

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface
I think you're right, susan p. Leslie really does listen to her customer base, hence the more advanced workouts. She's also introducing some dancy moves. I read on her site that her videos and systems have become a 200 million dollar business! Wow!
Please...I'd be thrilled to death of she threw in a turn step/horse shoe step!!

I would be all over Mary Kay leading a workout. She let Jim do it...how about Mary Kay!!

Fortunately I have learned to tune Leslie out when she gets too chatty. All of her talk about "working the muscle" when she is lifting 1 pound weights makes my eyes roll... I use her workouts for the Aerobic value and nothing more.
Arielle96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 08:36 PM  
Arielle96

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit
I have that older workout with Mary Kay leading Mile 2. It's called 1-2-3 Mile Super Fat Burner.
That's it!!

I really like that one...I have always wondered if that was really her house they were working out in??
Old 10-31-07, 03:57 AM  
smileyface

Oh, I'm sorry; I didn't mean to mislead anyone. I was talking about the added grapevines and mambos in the current vids. Although this is far from "dancy," I still consider it progress with Leslie. My point is that I think she does hear us and tries to please her tried and true customers in subsequent productions.
smileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 05:25 AM  
Gams

That's funny, smileyface, because she actually had more of those kind of steps in her earlier workouts and then stopped doing them for some reason. That's one of the reason I like her original 2-Mile Walk and Miracle Mile - for the added variety.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 06:49 AM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

I JUST got mine in the mail and will be doing it today. I bought it because I just loved the little preview of Mary Kay's portion that they have on Collage.

I would also buy a Mary Kay led workout.

Perhaps tonight, I will skip mile 3 and just repeat mile 2... I tend to do that sometimes. Repeat the favorite mile or toughest mile. Mary Kay may be just what I need.

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 08:03 AM  
glowacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams
That's funny, smileyface, because she actually had more of those kind of steps in her earlier workouts and then stopped doing them for some reason. That's one of the reason I like her original 2-Mile Walk and Miracle Mile - for the added variety.
One of Leslie's best workouts, in terms of variety, is her 4 Mile Weightloss Walk. Not only does she employ a great mix of moves (double side steps w/ a knee lift, a kind of "golf" swing using your entire leg, a side shuffle, knee repeaters - like 16 in a row before switching), but the entire workout is structured in 20 minute blocks. You cover one mile in the first part, and then 1 1/2 miles each in the second and third parts.

I'm also partial to Bob.
glowacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 08:44 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

I am the loner here, I don't warm up much to Mary Kay. I was surprised when I saw her in the 3 mile weight loss walk - she looked like she had put on a fair amount of weight, which was spotlighted by the unflattering top she was wearing.

My favorite background people are Jimmy and Marie. I think Marie is so pretty. She has AMAZING skin. I want to tell her to always wear sunscreen! And I love Chrissy's curls.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 08:53 AM  
Arielle96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams
I LOVE her original 2 Mile Walk and do it a lot!! I really like some of her older workouts.

She even did a step workout AGES ago (Basic Stepping with Walk Aerobics) but her cueing was horrible!! The cast is all over the place in it. I did it once and haven't done it since. The steps are very basic in it but as a Christi Taylor fan I like to be spinning all over the place when I do step.

Cookie, that's a great idea!! I might try that the next time.

I don't think I have the 4 Mile Weight Loss walk...is that new??
Old 10-31-07, 12:46 PM  
kedwards313

Glowaki - I agree. I love the 4 Mile Weight Loss Workout. It is an older one, but I really like the variety of moves in it.

Kim
kedwards313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mary kay bruening