Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-07, 11:07 PM  
Arielle96

I think I like Mary Kay better than Leslie!

I did Leslie Sansone's new 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk today. Leslie leads Miles 1 & 3 and Mary Kay leads Mile 2.

Don't get me wrong I think I have every Leslie Sansone workout known to womankind (even the old ones when she went by Leslie Tommeleo) and I adore her but I really like Mary Kay's leading style better.

The entire time Mary Kay was leading...Leslie was in the background jabbering and moving around which detracted from Mary Kay's leading. Mary Kay still did a super job though...I wish that Leslie would let her lead an entire workout by herself.

I remember a very old LS workout where she let Mary Kay lead for a while and Mary Kay had some really fun choreography (well as fun as you can get in a walking workout ). I don't even remember the name of the workout right now but Leslie says that the workout was filmed in her living room...don't know if that is true it does look like it was filmed in an actual house and not a studio.
Arielle96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 11:39 PM  
juberann

I remember the walk you're thing about,it's called 3-2-1 something. I love Mary Kay in the new one,too! I think she needs to film her own walk,solo!! I am a HUGE Leslie fan but Mary Kay was a very refreshing change of style.
Hopefully,Leslie lets her have the spotlight a little longer in the future She has a brand new Teen Walk out,just released, and Leslie's daughter Marie leads that one,Leslie isn't even in it but I believe she produced it. And Marie is every bit as spirited and delightful as her mom Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 03:55 AM  
smileyface

I know what you mean!

I still love Leslie, but I do think Mary Kay needs her own workout. She has a pleasant voice and an encouraging manner...not to mention she's tough!
The new 3 mile has motivating music (very upbeat and fun), and I think it's one of her best!
smileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 08:09 AM  
JustSandra

Count me in! I love Leslie and always will, but Mary Kay is a great leader too, and I would definitely buy a walking workout she led solo!

Sandra
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 10:57 AM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Is that the one in the Collage catalogue that is listed as being about the belt?
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 11:06 AM  
Gams

No, Joanna, this one doesn't use the belt. It's at Collage under "3-Mile Walk", but the title on the DVD is actually "3-Mile Weight Loss Walk".
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 06:05 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

This is so funny as I was just thinking the same thing the other day but almost felt GUILTY about thinking it!

I mean, Leslie is wonderful and I love all her walking workouts (some more than others!), but that one mile led by Mary Kay was really enjoyable. She has such a wonderful voice and she just seemed to know just when to push it and then just when to back off.

If she put out her own walking DVD, I would DEFINITELY buy it!!!

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 06:38 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

If there is enough demand, it might just happen!

I was just pointing something out to my 15 year old today. She thinks Leslie is a little over the top and she's often in the room while I'm exercising, and kind of rolls her eyes at Leslie.

I told her that the dvd had a music only option because a lot of people had complained about Leslie's voice and/or chattiness. I then pointed out that Leslie is a good businesswoman, because instead of getting all offended at criticism, she found a way to make her product better based on customer feedback.

And my bet is that if enough people comment on how much they like Mary Kay as a lead, Leslie will use her more or even give her a whole workout.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 07:09 PM  
smileyface

I think you're right, susan p. Leslie really does listen to her customer base, hence the more advanced workouts. She's also introducing some dancy moves. I read on her site that her videos and systems have become a 200 million dollar business! Wow!
smileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 08:18 PM  
Gams

Where did you hear that she will be introducing some dancy moves, smileyface? Will that be in some upcoming workouts sometime soon?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mary kay bruening