Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-17-07, 07:17 PM  
ziggy2306
VF Supporter

anyone on SparkPeople?

I know this has probably been asked before, but I thought I'd check and see if there is anyone here who uses SparkPeople.

I signed up about a year ago and barely used my account, but I have been tracking my food and exercise there for the past few weeks and have found it's really helping.

Just thought I'd see if there are any familiar faces from here that use the tools there as well

Starting over is never easy...

***That's Abner, my crazy Bassador (Bassett/Lab) in my avatar***
ziggy2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 10:14 PM  
RedPanda

Hi Ziggy - I signed up about a year ago, but never use it. I've noticed that their calorie recommendations are really low - and other people have said the same. There are some good exercise demonstrations on that site though.
RedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-07, 04:34 AM  
cameronae

Spark People

Cori, like you I joined about a year ago but didn't participate. My sister has been using it and liked it, but I got confused when trying to figure out how to custom menus in my nutrition. It sounds like a good program. Are you a member of any teams or challenges? Alice
cameronae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-07, 06:56 AM  
bubbles76

I am a very active member of Sparkpeople, and I love it! It has really helped me lose weight. I signed up in November 06. I've lost over 20 pounds through them. They really stress that it's a lifestyle, not a diet, which is what I love about it. I'm also a member of several teams.
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-07, 08:12 AM  
fitness4me

I used to be a very active member, but have slacked off over the past 6 or 7 months. I will say that I did my best with staying on track when I was actively logging everything on the site. Earlier last month, I started the lifestyle stages over again, but have only logged in once, bad bad bad me.

Life is short, buy the shoes. Yeah, workout shoes count too!

P90x Grad 4/21/07....better late than never!!!!!
fitness4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-07, 08:15 AM  
ziggy2306
VF Supporter

I started a SparkTeam called Fit Vidiots since none of the other fitness video teams really seemed to fit me. I also joined the Firm Believers and the Cathe Fans, though I don't know how much I'll really participate in them because those videos are only a small part of my interests. I may end up being the only member of my team, but it's there for anyone to join, if they want.

I love the fact that they really stress lifestyle changes too. For me, the biggest breakthroughs that I had this month were little lifestyle realizations and they have made it very easy for me to re-commit...and I am seeing results. Pretty soon everyone around me will start seeing them too.

I don't really want to get into the diet part of it all since this isn't the place for it, but I just love the fact that it is a place where I can track everything (food/fitness/goals) electronically and access it anywhere on the internet. I also love the appointment calendar on there that allows me to schedule my workouts and other appointments so I can be sure to get everything in.

(my handle over there is khourianya)

Old 05-18-07, 08:17 AM  
ivorygorgon

I tried Spark People but I was a bit frustrated with their system for logging workouts. I would be interested in tracking again and joining your group, but I am curious to know if the tracking sytem has changed at all.
ivorygorgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-07, 08:18 AM  
fitness4me

Ohhhh do you mind if I join your Fit Vidciots team? I need all the motivation I can use. My sparkpeople user name is kraphti.

Life is short, buy the shoes. Yeah, workout shoes count too!

P90x Grad 4/21/07....better late than never!!!!!
fitness4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-07, 08:22 AM  
ziggy2306
VF Supporter

Anyone is welcome to join the team - it'll be nice to have company

I don't know if they changed the tracking much. I find that tracking cardio is pretty good, but to track video strength is a pain - you would have to assess and add each wotrkout to do it on there. I decided that since I am just tracking for my own info - I just classify my strength training as circuit training under cardio instead of messing around with strength. It simplified things greatly for me.

Old 05-18-07, 09:12 AM  
twodiffsocks

Hi Ya'll,

I'm there & got a team called: Juggs & Junk. PLEASE, come join us!

right now, its just me...a female friend of mine ask me to do this so i could nag her in to doin exercise *rolls eyes* she's in a wheelchair--it DOESNT stop her BUTTTTTTTTT, she doesnt post alot & i'm lonely

Here's the link ya'll: Team

"There ain't no rest for the wicked,
Money don't grow on trees.
I got bills to pay,
I got mouths to feed,
There ain't nothing in this world for free.
I know I can't slow down,
I can't hold back,
Though you know, I wish I could.
No there ain't no rest for the wicked,
Until we close our eyes for good".
Ain't No Rest For The Wicked -Cage The Elephant

"I dare you to do better." Christopher Pike
Start Trek {2009}

twodiffsocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sparkpeople