Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-23, 10:39 AM  
rhbrand

OT: Tell me about your uterine ablation

I'm having a uterine ablation done on May 8 cause OMG this perimenopausal periods are literal HELL on me. I won't go into the details but it's super heavy and lasts a very long time.

So, what kind of recovery time did you have? What kind of things can I expect. I did get some info from the OB/GYN at my consult but well, he had to hurry to go deliver a baby so my consult was cut short a bit lol.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-24-23, 11:23 AM  
lexybeth1

Amazing!

Hi! I had an ablation about 9 years ago due to the same. So happy I did! Outpatient procedure, minimal post procedure discomfort, no periods at all anymore for me afterwards! It was a godsend.
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-23, 12:05 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Perfect!

I had mine 11 years ago (Novasure method) due to fibroids.

Felt kinda yucky for the rest of the day, but that was it. Periods begone!

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-23, 01:26 PM  
tracyb

Novasure for me also about 10 years ago. I have to echo lexybeth1 and Juliepie. Very glad I did it.
tracyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-23, 05:20 PM  
geojill

I had mine done about 8 years ago. The only thing I regret is that I didn’t do it sooner. Also, I had a harder time with the anesthesia (which just happens with me) than I did with the actual procedure. It was LIFE CHANGING. Now my periods are 2-3 days of light spotting at most.
Old 04-24-23, 05:35 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyb View Post
Novasure for me also about 10 years ago. I have to echo lexybeth1 and Juliepie. Very glad I did it.
Add me to the list of happy Novasure patients!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-23, 08:04 PM  
allgirlsinaz

Had mine done about 10 years ago. Nothing more than slight cramping after the procedure and slept the rest of the day. I think I even went grocery shopping the next day. No periods since then. Best thing EVER!!

C25K graduate 10/10

CLX grad 12/09
allgirlsinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-23, 02:00 PM  
acey

Echoing what all have said. In 2021, after being on progesterone perhaps a bit too long (about two years), my uterus went haywire. I bled every day to some extent for six months! Sometimes it was so bad that I would have to run to the bathroom at business conferences every half hour for three hours, soaking through maxi everything.

Got the Novasure that November, with anaesthesia. I experienced horrific cramps for a couple of hours that evening, then it went away.

In early January 2022, I actually bled again for two weeks - usually moderately heavy for a couple of hours in the morning, then it would stop. I freaked out. My ob-gyn wasn't much help, wanted to put me on some terrible-sounding steroid to "induce menopause." Didn't want to do a hysterectomy. Luckily, just before the steroid arrived, I stopped bleeding. (I also stopped seeing this ob-gyn, although to her credit, she did pull off the procedure).

Since then, I spot lightly for a day or so a month, and that's it (along with some bad cramps for a few hours on the first day).

Sorry if TMI - just saying that your mileage may vary after the ablation. I've heard that it can take up to six months before things settle. I believe those two weeks were the dying gasps and last bits from my demon-possessed uterus.
Old 04-28-23, 01:31 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I had a surgical menopause (hysterectomy) at 47 due to terrible periods. When they opened me up, they found lot of endometriosis and fibroids, so it really was necessary.

The only problem I had after surgery was that they gave me a pain medicine that made me terribly constipated. I was very very uncomfortable. I would have been able to be back to work in two weeks if that hadn't occurred. So if you have to have pain medication, check with your doctor before surgery about side effects. My doctor never said a word about this.

Tags
menopause, menstruation, off topic, off-topic, period, periods