Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-12-22, 09:24 PM  
gigi

Wendy, I don't have a favorite YT mobility instructor but currently my faves are a couple from DocJenFit and the one I did today after STS Phase 2, Week 1, Disc 24, Legs: [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l-viVXMqhs"]20 Minute Relaxing Yoga Stretches for Sore Muscles and Sore Muscles[/URL. Cathe's Leg workout was tri-sets and it was tough! I'm going to look up Julia Reppel. Edited to add that I am familiar with Julia Reppel.

Erica, upon review I didn't think the STS leg workout I was doing today would be tough but it was quite brutal for me. Also, today's "relaxing" yoga stretch was not very relaxing to me until the poses at the end where I used pillows.

It is going to get cold for South Carolina this time of year...lows of 30's.
Old 11-13-22, 10:10 AM  
Erica H.

Wendy - I'm glad you felt good about working out yesterday with the PMS. It's hard sometimes knowing whether or not to push through or call it a rest day. It's rare that I regret working out so I keep that in mind when deciding but sometimes it's really hard to start.

Angela - that is very cold for SC! My daughter is in TX and they are getting cold temps and she is not happy.

I did this workout again today: IRON Series 30 Min Upper Body Chest and Back Workout | 22 and added Caroline's 5 Min DUMBBELL ARMS & SHOULDER WORKOUT at Home | No Repeat. Now it's time for shower, cleaning, and laundry. Boo.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-22, 07:09 PM  
gigi

It's actually going to get in the 20's by the end of the week!

Tonight I did 30 Minute Cardio Kickboxing Tabata. Her guest, Rosemary cracks me up and she is one of my favorite guests. I just love that she is a runner and totally uncoordinated and literally goes to her own beat. She and Chris actually make me laugh in this one. I've done it before. It is not too tough but enough to get my body moving and my heart rate up. My legs will be glad I did this tomorrow as it worked out some of the soreness.
Old 11-13-22, 09:11 PM  
wendug

Today was another yardwork day. I cut down the remaining perennials and mulched up more leaves that blew up to our front door. I spent 3 hours on yardwork in preparation for snow which we're supposed to get on Tuesday. I was going to help an elderly neighbor with leaves, but after 3 hours I was done. Maybe tomorrow I'll help her out a bit. I still have awful PMS today...is this what it will be like the closer to menopause I get? YUCK!
Old 11-14-22, 06:19 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy - hope the PMS is better today. That was a lot of yardwork you did!

Angela - glad you had a fun workout. Hope this week isn't too crazy for you.

Today I repeated the workout I did a couple of days ago: BRUTAL LEG DAY - Dumbbell Leg Workout | Tempo Week Day 2. I skipped the calf work and added on part of Tiff and Dan 20 MIN LOWER BODY WORKOUT NO EQUIPMENT but added light weights. Definitely not impressed with the tempo work for lower body.

Supposed to get a lot of lake-effect snow later this week. Wendy, do you get that where you are? We live right in the snow belt and get hit hard from lake-effect snow. It was fun when the kids were little but now it's just a pain. Fortunately, it should be done by Saturday when we have to pick up my daughter from the airport but my MIL has chemo on Thursday and I don't know if it's going to be hard getting her to/from that.

Erica
Old 11-14-22, 06:44 PM  
wendug

Erica- We're supposed to get snow tonight, but it probably won't be much. Luckily the lake effect snow usually heads toward Indiana/Michigan. We sometimes get it if the winds blow just right, but luckily it usually isn't bad. I hope you don't have to deal with too much, especially if you have to take your MIL to an appointment and go to the airport.

I did help my elderly neighbor with her leaves today. Another neighbor looked at me like I was crazy for doing it. This woman lives in the corner house on my block and I always walk my dogs by there. If there are tons of leaves and then snow, it will be impassable. Plus, kids walk by there on their way to school. They should have a clear path, too. This woman lives alone in a huge house and her kids rarely come by to visit. When they do visit it is to pick up her van to take on vacation (and they don't even take her!)

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- Barre Burn & Tone. I thought I would mix things up and do something different. Oh my...those little pulsing moves really hit deep! And the scenery is lovely in this one. They are outside by the pool.

Hi Angela! Hope you had a good Monday!
Old 11-14-22, 06:50 PM  
gigi

It was 28 degrees when I woke up at 5! This is unusually cold for us, especially for this time of year. The weather and getting dark so early made me want to snuggle on the couch, but I worked out. I did CDornder 30 Minute HiiT Step Workout. I added a riser tonight but I did sub some of the plank moves. Then I did an 8 Minute Hip Mobility Routine followed by DocJenFit At Home Mobility.
Old 11-14-22, 08:38 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
It was 28 degrees when I woke up at 5! This is unusually cold for us, especially for this time of year. The weather and getting dark so early made me want to snuggle on the couch, but I worked out. I did CDornder 30 Minute HiiT Step Workout. I added a riser tonight but I did sub some of the plank moves. Then I did an 8 Minute Hip Mobility Routine followed by DocJenFit At Home Mobility.
Apparently a lot of the US will be hit with some COLD temps this week. When it is dark so early it does make me want to hibernate under a fleece blanket! It's been a while since I've done a step workout. Good on you for adding a riser. I usually don't go higher than 6 inches on my step as I've tripped on an 8 inch step a few times and it makes me think I'm going to end up injuring myself. I can still get a good workout with a 6 inch step and not have to worry about injuring myself.
Old 11-15-22, 10:08 AM  
Erica H.

I've been up since 1:20am. It's going to be a long day. I got up like I usually do (insomnia) and checked messages and had two from my sons who will be here next week with change of plans so my mind was racing with figuring out the changes in shopping, meals, etc.

Anyway, today's workout I did 45 minutes of Chris and Edi's 1 HOUR UPPER BODY BUILD WORKOUT with DUMBBELLS (Strength + Muscle Building). I liked it a lot. It's very thorough - they do one exercise - slow and heavy - for back, chest, biceps, shoulders, and triceps and then go through that block of exercises again and then move to a new set of exercises. There are 4 blocks but I only did 3 but will do the 4th in a couple of days. What I don't like is that I prefer to focus more on the larger muscles like chest/back and less on the smaller muscles but they all get the same amount of time in this workout. I may modify it a lot if I do it again in the future - split it in half and make two full workouts from it and do more sets of the chest/back work.

Wendy, that was sweet of you to help your neighbor with her leaves. I had to laugh when I saw her family takes her van for vacation but not her!

Angela - that is really cold! I agree about wanting to just curl up under a blanket when it's dark and cold out.

Erica
Old 11-16-22, 06:12 PM  
wendug

Erica- I don't know how you are able to do such tough workouts when you get so little sleep. I'm a zombie if I don't get enough sleep. Don't stress about the change in plans with your sons. I'm sure they'll be happy with whatever you do for them.

No workout yesterday as I had to meet a new client's dog and had to go to the laundromat. Yuck! I discovered that we had water leaking into the crawlspace while washing clothes. My dh did some investigative work (taking apart part of the washing machine and checking out the pipes to see if something needs replaced. Well, he then went out of town for work and left everything in disarray. So, I've had to go to the laundromat a couple of times and wow...they are expensive now. It has been years since I've been to one, but $5.50 to wash a load of clothes (double load, but still.) Luckily I can use the dryer at home.

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- 40 Minute Full Body Hiit Strength Workout . She goes HEAVY on some of the compound moves. There's no way I could lift the amount she does for some of the compound moves. This is another great workout from Michelle!

Angela- I hope you aren't having too busy a week...I know things can get crazy before the holidays.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts