Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-03-22, 11:14 AM  
SAF

Downsizing Fitness Items After Unexpected Move

Hi all ,

I had an unexpected and sudden move to another state and smaller home, for now.

I'm still sorting through things and have my throw out piles, donate piles and keeper piles.

Problem is, I've left my fitness items to deal with last because I'm undecided what to do, as there is an attachment to some of it, but must downsize.

I have a brand new Needak Rebounder w/ Stability Bar (that is just not working with my neck issues.)and several very nice rebounding dvds.

I'm not on FB, (but could join), so my son put the rebounder & DVDs on there, and no bites yet.
However, Leslie's step w/ 3 DVDs sold fast.

Then, I have another 400 or so dvds in near perfect condition, exercise kits....Leslie, Gaiam etc.

....and of course, stretchy bands, stability balls, etc.

I called some places around here and no one is buying right now.

I thought of a small flea market here, but when I was there I didn't even see even one vendor selling anything fitness related.

I guess, ideally, I'd like to sell everything at once, but I know there is a next to none chance of that happening.

Aside from listing on sites to sell or just donating, do you have any ideas what I could do. I wouldn't mind making a little money on this to offset the move a little.

Thanks!
SAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 12:06 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

VF Roost on FB is really good for DVDs. i use my DH's FB account (identifying myself so that people know who i am in the VF Roost group ) to list DVDs. you could either go thru your son or create a FB account and join VF Roost. it is time consuming to list the DVDs, but you could always do it in sets. the VF Roost group is very nice and welcoming.

when you said "no one is buying" is your new city the one that you're referring to? if the new city is more amenable, that might be a possibility.

flea markets - if you're the only one selling fitness stuff, that might be a good incentive - no competition.

you could inquire with Mary Crowder at Totalfitnessdvds.com if she'd be interested in a bulk purchase from you.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 12:34 PM  
SAF

Thanks, Jeannne, for these good ideas and contacting Mary.
Appreciate your reply!
Old 08-03-22, 01:41 PM  
sherry7899

SAF-good luck with your new home. Are you able to still use at least keep and use some of your dvds and equipment?

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 03:13 PM  
SAF

Thanks, Sherry. Well, I'll keep some stretching and yoga DVDs and I'll have to see about the walking ones and all the rest.

This might be a good opportunity to join the walking online streaming site, some of the others don't really interest me or maybe do some walks outdoors.

I've had some major changes recently so it's probably time to unload all these DVDs and hopefully the rebounder too.

Tags
decluttering, selling dvds