Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-05-22, 10:51 AM  
ellaenchanted

Another rave! This time for Vera Laro

After doing Lift with Cee's workouts all of January, I felt stronger and back into a workout groove. I am excited to do her upcoming 3 day split in March or April.

This month I decided to try Vera's workouts. I am doing her current Strong rotation. She has a playlist on her YT channel. You do 3 workouts per week. On 3 other days, I will do some sort of moderate cardio. She doesn't talk but has music. And every exercise is chaptered in the video! she also previews the next move during the rest period. I muted the music and listed to a vlog. I really enjoyed the moves and the 45 minutes flew by. I used heavy weighst and had to actually go down in weight for the last 15 minutes. The workouts are for time so I moved at my controlled pace. I moved slightly slower than Vera. I also like her positive personality.

https://www.youtube.com/c/VeraLaRo/playlists

2022 has been great for fitness for me. I am so happy to found these two gems.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 01:33 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I'm also enjoying Lift with Cee. I reached out to ask her about cardio, and she walks daily for about 30 minutes.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 02:07 PM  
wendug

That's great to hear! I'm doing a 6 week rotation of Lift w/Cee now and have been previewing Vera Laro's workouts on YT. I want to try her strong rotation once I'm done with this Lift w/Cee rotation. I agree, both Cee & Vera are gems! I so appreciate the wealth of free workouts on YT!
Old 02-05-22, 09:08 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
After doing Lift with Cee's workouts all of January, I felt stronger and back into a workout groove. I am excited to do her upcoming 3 day split in March or April.

This month I decided to try Vera's workouts. I am doing her current Strong rotation. She has a playlist on her YT channel. You do 3 workouts per week. On 3 other days, I will do some sort of moderate cardio. She doesn't talk but has music. And every exercise is chaptered in the video! she also previews the next move during the rest period. I muted the music and listed to a vlog. I really enjoyed the moves and the 45 minutes flew by. I used heavy weighst and had to actually go down in weight for the last 15 minutes. The workouts are for time so I moved at my controlled pace. I moved slightly slower than Vera. I also like her positive personality.

Vera is on my "to try" list!
Old 02-06-22, 04:42 AM  
Elsie

Added her to my (getting long) 'Later' list on Youtube when she was mentioned during the New Year discussions. So glad to hear you have been doing well with her!!! I really like it too when the moves/sets are chaptered. I am still on Cee's 40-4-40, which has been good beyond expectation and wondering where to go after. She does have a good looking Push-Pull-Leg follow along program coming up immediately after this one, I'm just not sure I'll have time for 3 lifting days any longer as we are doing a cross country move & I'd prefer a 2 day a week lifting rotation (Upper-Lower or Total Body X2) and add on an extra set or something.
My question re: Vera's is that it looked like it was mainly supersets. Are all of her programs thus far supersets, or hiit/faster lifting?

Thanks!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-22, 04:52 AM  
Elsie

Quote:
Cee's new Push-Pull-Legs is set to start right after the 40-4-40 Total Body and we are beginning the final/6th week of that one today. So it'll start up by mid February. This month is going so quickly, oh my!!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-22, 05:54 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:

Thanks for sharing. I have been doing Lift w/Cee and plan on starting her new one, but Vera's workouts look good. Love finding these new strength workouts.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-22, 10:44 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I'm going to try Strong tomorrow. I did Heather Robertson 2.0, but I'm bailing out. I didn't care that she just string her clips together to make a workout. I want her to workout with me lol.

I like Heather since she has cardio at the end of each segment. With VeraLaRo, I have days for cardio. So this will work for me.

Thanks for sharing!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-22, 11:58 AM  
buffmama

I'm currently doing Cee's Muscle Burns Fat and plan on working with Vera after that. Thanks for all the great recommendations!

Tags
lift with cee, vera laro, youtube channels, youtube weights, youtube workouts