Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-03-17, 01:00 PM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i 2nd this. i used many of Rodney's shorter workouts for bedtime yoga initially. then i migrated to Barbara Benagh. nowadays, i do yin yoga before bed.

In Gaiam's AM PM Meditation workout, it features Rodney Yee for AM and Maritza for PM. This is great for beginners! This is not really a meditation DVD where you sit there in silence, but rather it's more of a yoga DVD that is more calming and peaceful. you are not required to sit in lotus position, which is great because that would turn beginners off!

today, i keep a small inventory of DVDs and my portable DVD player under my bed. i have several Yin Yoga workouts, Barbara Benagh, a few Yoga Zone DVDs, and a small yoga book (Yoga Directory) that has pictures of yoga postures and a several yoga sequences.

my bedroom has carpet, so i don't really need a mat. i also keep my yoga blocks and strap under the bed too. if you're doing calming yoga, a sticky mat is not really needed since you're mostly doing seated or supine postures.

i've gotten to the point now if i'm too lazy to bring out a DVD, i'll just do several "on the fly/freelance" calming postures (forward bends, both standing and seated, supine twists, etc).

I think I have that Barbara dvd and totally forgot about Yin Yoga! Love doing that!
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 03:29 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
I think I have that Barbara dvd and totally forgot about Yin Yoga! Love doing that!
i acquired many of the Yin Yoga workouts just this past year based on rec's from VFers.

these included:
Travis Eliot - i already owned his UY series, where this one comes from. he has several free ones on youtube
Paul Grilley
Sarah Powers
Mark Laham

i pull out the Mark Laham workout a lot. love that workout - and so much content on 1 DVD. same thing with Paul's and Sarah's - lots of content on 1 DVD.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mark laham, natasha rizopoulos, yoga audios, yoga books