Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-14, 06:04 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Firm Zip trainer set

Any thoughts on this set? Fun? Challenging ? Good add ons?
Thanks!!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14, 11:33 PM  
raeven

I absolutely this set! I had so much fun doing it. One of the very few I have actually fully completed the rotation of. I see amazon has it for $43 atm, if you have prime then all the better. I would absolutely recommend it unless you are in super shape. Then I'd only get it if you want the ball and some fun workouts to use as add-ons. I really should start adding these into my mix again. I look at my pretty pink ball everyday and keep trying to kick my butt into gear!

I remember doing at least one of the extra workouts and it being pretty tough for me. Mind you I have a lot of weight to lose. Not sure I went back to the extras after that one. Yeah I really need to play with this set again!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-14, 05:33 AM  
Carol K

I would still go with the QVC package, because it has two additional DVDs, which happen to be my favorites of the set:

http://www.qvc.com/The-Firm-Zip-Trainer-System-with-5-DVDs-and-5lb-Weighted-Ball.product.F11536.html?sc=F11536-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-F11536&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/f/36/f11536.001?$uslarge$
Old 10-08-14, 07:41 AM  
raeven

For the moment anyway...if you are an amazon prime member...then it's still cheaper to order both the base set and the additional workouts from amazon. We all know how the numbers fluctuate on there though, so one would just have to do the math beforehand. But currently:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Firm-Train...rm+zip+trainer

http://www.amazon.com/Trainer-The-Fi..._bxgy_sg_img_y

I'm not sure what it would be without prime...but with it, plus my state collects taxes..it's only $58.03. On qvc for the same thing it would be $74.72 (pre-tax..I don't know if they charge taxes there or not..never ordered there)..but like I said those numbers are if you have prime. Not sure how it works out shipping cost wise without it.

Either way, to me it's totally worth $58! Some people have had issues with the zippers on theirs. Thankfully I never have (yet) so I guess I've been lucky. I know back when the set first came out, people that had zipper issues were told to contact the company and they'd be taken care of...so hopefully they are still good about that!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-14, 08:08 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

thanks gals!!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-14, 11:12 AM  
tiletha444

I caved!

Thanks for the info!

I just ordered the set on Amazon. I thought $58 was a decent price for the basic set and the deluxe workouts!
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-14, 06:09 PM  
hypnomoon

I can't believe I still haven't dropped the switch on this and ordered!!! Goodness knows I love my Firm gadgets!!!

I'm using the heck out of my Firm adjustable weights. Love it that I can make 7# dumbbells.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-14, 07:32 PM  
MoFirmer

Well not to push anyone off the ledge.... but if you've ever considered an UGI ball this is better! LOL! You can adjust the weight heavier with the core ball and you get the dvds for that price!

And yes..... you NEED the add ons! And Annie's AMP 2 will make you smile! Annie is awesome!

I use this ZIP for all my FIRM workouts.

Tags
firm zip trainer, the firm zip trainer, zip trainer