Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-13, 05:22 PM  
s2546

i love the zip and the ugi. like slysam stated i like the zip for different weights and versatility.

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-13, 06:46 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallove View Post
I'm thinking about getting the Ugi to reward myself for hitting some of my fitness goals. Does anyone know if you can still get money back from ebates on this? Are people with the Ugi still using it? I wish I could sell someone my bosu, as I NEVER use it.
I have an UGI and I never use it

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-13, 07:07 AM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I have an UGI and I never use it
Same here! Used it for a few weeks after I purchased it, but it caused me too much pain in my hands. Upon the recommendations of the Ugi staff, I purchased an 8 pound, but think I should have gone with the 6 pound given my early stages of carpal tunnel.
Old 09-26-13, 07:59 AM  
raeven

I don't have an ugi ball, so I can't directly speak on it. I never paid attention to them at all until the pre-sale for the firm's zip trainer was going on. Then I was interested in both, but ultimately decided on the zip trainer for it's ability to increase/decrease the weight as needed...and you can unzip it to use for step and other various things.

I've finally been able to start doing the workouts that came with the zip, and so far I am it all! From what I have seen, the zip trainer stays more round vs. the ugi ball that kind of gets flattened out a bit over time? But I think overall you can use the zip trainer in pretty much almost all the same ways as the ugi, with the one exception of probably putting yours hands on it while doing pushups. But in that case you can use the zip opened up on the floor. One thing I wish the zip trainer came with was a book or chart of some sort with lots of different ways to use the zip trainer. The ugi ball comes with that. However, the zips workouts give you tons of various ways to use it. Plus for more ideas, you can always find ideas of how people have been using the ugi ball, or medicine balls and then see what works for you with the zip!

At any rate...in the end I decided to get the zip and so far I'm extremely glad I did. Also, I figured I have 60 days, I believe it is, to decide if I like it enough to keep it, and return it if not. So I didn't see it as a loss, and only a potential gain!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-13, 12:43 PM  
pcdoctor01

Different ways to use the zip trainer:
You can use the Zip Trainer 8 different ways:

Balance On It: to intensify core training
Lift It: for added resistance
Step On It: for a fat-blasting cardio workout
Toss It: to engage the entire body during playful cardio and power moves
Kneel On It: for comfort during push-ups or core conditioning
Roll It: to improve strength, coordination and agility
Lean On It: to add instability or challenge your balance
Stretch On It: to increase flexibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeven View Post
One thing I wish the zip trainer came with was a book or chart of some sort with lots of different ways to use the zip trainer.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
terri walsh, ugi, ugi ball