Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-02-12, 10:08 PM  
donnadc

I'm tempted to get the one at Wal-mart, but people complain about it moving across the floor as they 'rock'. Hmmmm.
donnadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 10:13 PM  
Loric

Mine moves very slightly...it's not enough to discourage me from using it tho. Oh & my 3 kids fight over who's gonna use it. I'm hoping to keep them moving with this & with my rebounder this winter. They think it's so fun!
Loric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 10:17 PM  
keilan00

I don't think it will become available at Walmart.com again. Walmart clearanced this item back in July and this deal was posted on several bargain websites.

Loric: When did you purchase this from Walmart? Thanks.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 11:00 PM  
Loric

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00 View Post
I don't think it will become available at Walmart.com again. Walmart clearanced this item back in July and this deal was posted on several bargain websites.

Loric: When did you purchase this from Walmart? Thanks.
I picked it up 9/6. Didn't realize it was that long ago...guess time flies when you're rockin with Tony Little .
Naw kidding. I didn't look at the DVDs that came with it, although I am guilty of being a previous owner of the Tony Little gazelle glider. Good times.
Loric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12, 12:19 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnadc View Post
I'm tempted to get the one at Wal-mart, but people complain about it moving across the floor as they 'rock'. Hmmmm.
one of the reviewers (the 3rd link i posted) said that as your core gets stronger, it moves less and less.

this one appeals to me better than that roller board thingy, where there's this cylinder-like contraption underneath a board, and you stand on the board. that one looks dangerous.

and the ones where you're stepping, but the bottom has a stable base, doesn't seem like you get much out of it since gravity and your body weight is making the pedals depress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loric View Post
I picked it up 9/6. Didn't realize it was that long ago...guess time flies when you're rockin with Tony Little .
Naw kidding. I didn't look at the DVDs that came with it, although I am guilty of being a previous owner of the Tony Little gazelle glider. Good times.
don't feel bad - there's several threads here at VF where people admit what gadgets they succumbed to.

for example, DH bought this Health Rider, and it was the most boring thing! ashamed of having owned it - whereas i think the Gazelle looked more fun!!! i finally convinced DH to donate the Health Rider to the church bazaar! when i told my friend, she used to call it "the badoingy thing"!!!!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 06:49 AM  
beatchica

Lori, do you feel that this little stepper provides a decent cardio workout, i.e. brings your heart rate up?

I am in the market for a small, portable, cardio gadget, now that winter is setting-in here in the NE.

Thanks Bzar for peaking my curiosity on this.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 12:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchica View Post
Lori, do you feel that this little stepper provides a decent cardio workout, i.e. brings your heart rate up?

I am in the market for a small, portable, cardio gadget, now that winter is setting-in here in the NE.
you're welcome! it looks like it might* - do you live near a Kmart? i was in a hurry the night i went, and there were no price stickers on the shelf or the box itself, and no signs. plus, their satellite scanner wasn't working (tried scanning a smaller item.... no dice), and i didn't want to lug the heavy stepper off the shelf.

if anyone is able to check the Kmart price (in store.... kmart.com shows $59.99 plus s/h) and report back, that would be great!

*if you have a rebounder, those are good for indoor jogging and "boosted walking". but yeah.... if the stepper goes down to a decent price, i'd be interested.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 12-04-12, 02:06 PM  
shirleyj62

Not sure if anyone is interested in this around the Chicagoland area. Someone is selling a New Tony Little Stepper with workout DVD (similar to what we've been discussing here) for $18.00

Chicagoland Stepper.

I would be interested but he mentions he tried it and it bothered his knee, so I don't think my knee would survive either.

He says he's located near 123rd and Artesian, but also gives zip codes for Alsip and Blue Island.

Beauty is what you feel about yourself not what you see in the mirror.
shirleyj62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12, 01:18 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

shirley - that's a steal.

in my kmart, i asked the clerk to scan it and it showed $71.99 on the scanner!

when they mark it down 50% they'll tell you you're getting a "deal!"

Tags
rock n roll stepper, tony little, weider