Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-15-11, 01:04 PM  
devadiva

S90 Tom Holland has a book out..

Reading through my new Oxygen Mag. I saw a little blip on a new {?} book by Tom Holland called "Beat the Gym". Seems its tipson proper form fueling your body,ect. Says you can find it available at teamholland.com.
I just ordered one from Amazon used {always thrifty}. Looks good and I sure love his workouts. I bought one than another as a back up.{I hate if they get scratched and are not useable and they would not copyand at that price!}
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 04:43 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I was at B&N today so I took a look at the book. It's pretty much a primer on gyms - what exercises to do on the various machines, descriptions of popular classes, gym etiquette, how to choose the right gym for you, basic nutrition, and several examples of workout programs. An appendix tells how to set up a home gym. He praises DVDs, but oddly doesn't mention S90 or his other DVDs.

If you're already familiar with gyms, there probably isn't anything new here. But if you want to join a gym and need to learn the basics, this book is pretty informative and has some funny parts (like when he describes a brawl in a spinning class he was teaching).

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gym etiquette, tom holland